- The Study Hall
- Up to $85,000 annually
- Closing date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Youth Development
- Job Function
- Development / Fundraising
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Degree Level
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
- Experience Level
Mission: The Study Hall is an after-school and summer camp program that serves K-5th grade children in the Atlanta area, offering an educational and enrichment curriculum that equips children to achieve sustained personal and academic success.
Basic Function: The Director will play a key role in cultivating and soliciting donors for annual gifts. They will work in collaboration with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, other senior staff and key volunteer leadership to achieve the fundraising goals of the organization.
• Administer and implement all fundraising activities of The Study Hall.
• Develop, manage and implement (in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board) various aspects of an annual fund campaign including: tracking and maintaining calendar; creating proposal-related budgets and other supporting documents, completing and submitting grant reports, scheduling fundraising calls; completing donor and perspective donor follow up.
• Maintain donor and perspective donor database that includes a relationship management component.
• Provide detailed reports about the fundraising progress to the Executive Director & Board on a monthly basis.
• Implement and maintain a new major donor fundraising plan.
• Maintain a proactive, creative role in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of individual, corporate and foundation contributions. This includes attending various foundations, civic organizations and government grant fairs and workshops as needed.
• Implement and maintain a new volunteer program, including the planning and execution of various volunteer projects throughout the year.
• Prepare and/or oversee all direct mail letters, case statements, newsletters, brochures, and sponsorship proposals required to support fundraising efforts;
• Coordinate various media related communications and events as needed. • Coordinate donor receptions, events and galas in collaboration with the Executive Director, Board and volunteers;
• Ensure that all donors are appropriately thanked and receive regular communication by making donor stewardship a priority throughout The Study Hall.
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with the philanthropic community, individual and corporate donors, sponsors, board members and volunteers; and Desired Experience: Candidate must have the following experience and qualifications:
• Demonstrated experience in managing budgets; ability to work in a hands-on environment with limited resources; computer literacy and knowledge of grant writing and management is highly desirable;
• Ability to effectively gain the respect and support of various constituencies, including board and staff members, donors and foundation and civic leaders;
• A track record as an effective communicator; and
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master's degree preferred. Personal Qualities Desired: The Development Director will be:
• Committed to being enthusiastic about The Study Hall’s mission and programs; • Highly entrepreneurial, resourceful and flexible;
• A strategist who is adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through while remaining highly energetic and focused;
• A team builder with strong skills in management and leadership;
• A catalyst with vision who can create excitement and energy around The Study Hall programs and encourage others to support the organization – persuasive, persistent, and determined in the pursuit of the organization’s fundraising goals;
• Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of fundraising activities; and
• Emotionally mature with a sense of humor to maintain balance.
Administrative Office Hours: Office hours 9:00am – 6:00pm (Monday – Friday) and evenings as needed.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert