- Atlanta, Georgia
- Closing date
- Mar 17, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Mental Health / Crisis Intervention
- Job Function
- Development / Fundraising
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Degree Level
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
- Experience Level
Position Summary: We are recruiting a Development Manager who will be responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining a comprehensive private and public sector fund-raising program on behalf of NAMI Georgia and to enhance the mission and vision established by the Board of Directors. This position will also develop federal, state, and foundation partnership strategies, maintain relationships with funder administrative contacts and work in partnership with our development department to strategically seek out additional fundraising opportunities. This position will also be solely responsible for writing and producing funding proposals and grant reports and other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, exempt, 40 hours/week, including some nights and weekends. This position reports to the Associate Director of Operations & Communications.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive written annual resource development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including individuals, faith groups, organizations, corporations, etc. Provide weekly reports to the Executive Director and the board which measure progress towards achieving the plan. Broaden NAMI Georgia’s fundraising by developing approaches such as planned giving, solicitation of bequests, and endowment programs. Responsible for maintaining close working relationships with the Foundation Board and the active, ongoing, and smooth functioning of this Board as it seeks to increase private and public sector funding for the Agency. Examines ways of packaging and marketing these programs to philanthropic supporters.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to identify, cultivate and manage foundation relationships.
- Maintain relationships with foundation staff and provide regular and ad hoc impact reports and other communication.
- Prepare letters of appreciation for donations/grants received.
- Oversees the NAMIWalks programs and annual fundraising events.
- Manage foundation grants' solicitation, grant writing, and stewardship process.
- Write letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports for grants ranging from $10,000 to $1,000,000+.
- Work with program personnel to understand programmatic goals and align questions with program objectives.
Reporting and Research
- Track opportunities and progress in the data tracking system.
- Create and maintain weekly reporting on progress towards annualized goals.
- Ensure compliance to grant requirements and provide accurate and timely reporting.
- Manage the foundation calendar to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Conduct ongoing research to uncover new prospects.
- Knowledge of trends, techniques, and practices in federal, state, and foundation grant-making
- Track record of initiating, cultivating, and successfully closing grants and ensuring reporting accuracy
- Experience and success in mission-based fundraising
- Understanding cultivation and stewardship and how to develop long-term strategies for key foundation supporters that maximize their giving potential.
- Grant Management: 3 years
- Mission-based fundraising: 3 years
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to function well independently and as part of a team
- High level of accountability and ownership for role responsibilities
- Strong organizational abilities, including planning and execution
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a talent for building strong relationships throughout an organization and community
- Proven ability to manage simultaneous priorities under pressure
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
The company provides a competitive compensation package including exceptional benefits, a fun work environment, and flexibility.
Please include cover letter, resume and writing example.
This is not meant to be an all-encompassing description, and other responsibilities may be assigned.
All applicants will complete a Behavioral Assessment and must pass a background check.
About Us: As a non-profit, we advocate for all who are affected by mental illness, both the individuals and the people in their lives. In particular, we work to address disparities and injustices and to promote dignity and inclusion for all people with mental illness and their families. In addition to being advocates, we educate, listen, and lead, as evidenced by our public awareness campaigns, the range of numerous programs we provide, and our strong public policy.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting, telephone work, computer work, and interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Agency is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert