At REDF, we’re building an economy that works. For everyone.
We discover and back social entrepreneurs across the United States that employ people striving to overcome employment barriers like homelessness or incarceration.
These mission-driven businesses, called employment social enterprises, exist because they see untapped talent in their communities for the strengths they hold, not the barriers they’ve faced.
That’s why REDF invests in their businesses, so we can help push their impact further, faster. We pair our grantmaking with capacity-building support, create space for employment social enterprise leaders to learn together, and sponsor state and federal policies that help shift perspectives. Because we believe that our economy works best when it works for everyone.
Since 1997, REDF has invested in 238 social enterprises in 33 states and DC, helping over 86,000 people create a future where they can flourish.
About the Government Partnerships Team
The Government Partnerships Team is charged with managing existing programs like the Los Angeles Regional Initiative of Social Enterprise (LA:RISE), the nation’s first public-private partnership connecting workforce and employment social enterprise while also creating new and innovative public-private partnerships that help grow the social enterprise sector.
As the Senior Associate, you will lead LA:RISE relationships and initiatives that support the program’s goals and REDF’s greater Los Angeles regional strategy. You will be responsible for supporting the success of LA:RISE in the City and County of Los Angeles, specifically focused on the Los Angeles County contract with the Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO). In this role you will work closely with the Senior Manager, LA:RISE to accomplish the programmatic development and management of the LA:RISE program.
You will demonstrate proficiency identifying key partners and opportunities within local government, business, philanthropy, and nonprofits that build the capacity building efforts of social enterprises throughout Los Angeles County. As you build your understanding of cross-sector projects, you will be a liaison in supporting working relationships among the various partners, while working closely with colleagues responsible for REDF’s policy, venture philanthropy portfolio, data reporting and analysis, and development.
LA:RISE Program Management
- Primary point person for relationship development with LA:RISE county partners including 7 employment social enterprises, and 11 America’s Job Centers of California (AJCC)s in achieving individual contractor goals and program execution.
- Support 3 relationship management calls with partners a month and attend bi-weekly calls with government partners.
- Support Senior Manager, LA:RISE in managing the county government relationships along with other program initiatives.
- Take the lead crafting program materials, standard operating procedures, and training materials.
- Assist in updating program materials showing comfort using various online platforms and programs like WordPress, Salesforce and MailChimp
- Support LA:RISE program operations including any process or program improvements.
- Update Salesforce and Workshop content quarterly and iDocs once a program year.
- Support strategic research and analysis for programs making recommendations that influence in-team strategy specifically for LA:RISE outcomes including any process or program improvements.
- Responsible for assisting with the county program’s data management including collection, reporting, and analysis for external and internal partners
- Support the Senior Manager with developing new relationships with business, government entities, social enterprises, and CBOs.
Develop Learning Community within LA:RISE Partnership
- Provide support in the training and professional development trainings for colleagues, new partners, and workshop content development.
- Participate in and support committee and working group meetings assigned to promote REDF and social enterprises.
- Assist with quarterly LA:RISE all partner academy meetings for both city and county
Contribute to REDF’s Social Enterprise Capacity Building
- Support the Senior Manager in assessing social enterprise and workforce partners. Identify and prepare social enterprises for partnership by conducting due diligence of social enterprises to assess their capabilities and potential to participate in a regional partnership.
- Liaise with Capacity Building and Community team on a regular basis to outline a strategy and implementation plan of TA services and resources to LA:RISE partners and ESEs in LA County.
- Participate in establishing methodology to measure success of this effort; track results; report to management, programs team, and others on results.
Support Strategic Communications
- Work with REDF communications and workshop.org with the relevant functions at the social enterprise and/or business partner to develop and disseminate high quality communications that advance general or specific knowledge of the social enterprise value chain or talent development solutions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 2-4 years of experience.
- Demonstrate understanding of best practices, techniques and processes of government contracting, compliance, and reporting requirements specifically subject matter knowledge of Los Angeles workforce, homelessness, opportunity youth and reentry services.
- Make recommendations for organizing, guiding, and executing collaborative efforts with various partners in-team and cross-team. Provides excellent logistical and analytical support to collaborative efforts.
- Exercise moderate autonomy requiring limited to moderate supervision and guidance. Able to organize in-team and cross team efforts, excellent follow-through and judgment.
- Strong collaborator; comfortable working with others that possess a wide diversity of backgrounds, skills, and experience; naturally finds ways to upskill others
- Communicate well with diverse audiences in-team and cross-team on a broad array of topics.
- Able to synthesize information and provide executive summaries.
- Supportive of REDF’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (https://redf.org/wp-content/uploads/REDFs-Commitment-to-Diversity-Equity-Inclusion.pdf)
- Continuously uses feedback and embodies a growth mindset to improve work product and personal development; confident in giving and receiving feedback to other team members
- Able to travel up to 30% for work purposes (once business travel resumes)
Every team member at REDF has an impact, with the ability to influence and iterate on our strategy. We balance autonomy with collaboration, leading with learning, and innovation with expertise. We listen, ask questions, and challenge the status quo and each other to uncover solutions that move us all to a better tomorrow.
REDF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our different experiences, backgrounds, and stories are our strength. We know that an equitable, inclusive, and diverse workplace makes us more effective, innovative and agile. We welcome and will consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or arrest and conviction history. EEO is the Law. REDF welcomes all.
- 13 paid holidays and ample vacation time
- A generous dollar-for-dollar retirement plan match up to 4% of your base compensation
- Opportunity to learn continuously by building your skills and broadening your perspectives at conferences, workshops, and more
- Competitive, comprehensive benefits package
Position Location and Pay Range:
Los Angeles; remote arrangements not considered. The salary range for this position is $63,710 - $74,635.
COVID Vaccine Requirement
Despite California’s movement towards herd immunity, low case rates, etc., the COVID-19 pandemic still exists at large. We have a responsibility to provide working conditions that mitigate any direct threat to the health and safety of our employees and others affiliated with REDF and the broader community. REDF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for accommodation through the Director of HR by emailing email@example.com (please include “Accommodation Request, Senior Associate, Government Partnerships (LA:RISE)” in the subject line). Our COVID-19 Vaccine Policy will adapt as we continue to review our obligations under Federal, state, and local laws.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via REDF’s applicant portal. A personalized cover letter is required; applications without one will not be considered.