Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) offers best-in-class, person-centered programs and resources to transform lives. Building on our 125-year history, we are here to help individuals and families of all faiths live to their full potential. Guided by Jewish values, we are a welcoming community, and our experienced professionals bring integrity and compassion to their work in the fields of aging and older adults, career counseling, dentistry, mental health, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and need-based support services. We serve thousands of individuals annually regardless of age, race, religion, national origin or ability to pay.
Working at JF&CS:
At JF&CS, we hold these values close to our heart: Commitment and integrity, compassion and respect, innovation and collaboration, professionalism, and responsiveness to diverse needs. Guided by Jewish values, and voted a Top Workplace for 2022 by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, we are a welcoming community of professionals passionate about making a difference in the community. For testimonials from staff on what it’s like being part of the JF&CS family, you can visit our Careers page.
JF&CS is now seeking two full-time Grants Writer positions. This is a hybrid position.
PURPOSE: The Grants & Contracts Specialist is primarily responsible for writing and managing portfolios for proposals and applications to secure grant funding for JF&CS programs/services, infrastructure and other activities as identified. Responsibilities include research and prospecting for potential funders (individuals, foundations (corporate/private/public), government (Federal/State/County), partnerships and collaborations. The Grants & Contracts Specialist will demonstrate skills and expertise to assure funding alignment to agency mission, goals and programs and ability to lead grant writing projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Writing grant, proposals, and renewals for agency programs, infrastructure, and other activities.
- Writing, editing and research for reports and amendments as assigned.
- Serves as liaison between organizational departments to process, collect, and manage information needed for grant funding and reporting processes.
- Monitors compliance with guidelines from awarding agencies and maintains familiarity with terms and conditions associated with grants and awards. Grant Compliance includes communication of funding requirements with appropriate staff; providing support to ensure the timely submission of required statistical and narrative reports.
- Participates in operational processes as appropriate to improve efficiency and effectiveness across the organization’s programs and initiatives as it relates to grant and contractual requirements and deliverables.
- Performs the full range of actions for the grant administration phase as described in JF&CS’ granting writing process.
- Maintain and expand support for JF&CS programs by overseeing execution of grants portfolio including research and prospecting, proposal and report writing, and development/stewardship activities.
- Manage efficient operational system to ensure accurate records and timely communication with funders.
- Manage grants calendar and maintain up-to-date database records for all institutional donors.
- Develop a deep understanding of program content to ensure integrity and quality of proposal writing.
- Assist Grant team coworkers administratively, writing proposals, reviewing, and conducting research.
- Assist other JF&CS administrative areas with requests for information (Marketing, Finance, Development co-workers).
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare grant proposals, budgets, and outcomes for a wide variety of programs.
- Ability to work on a number of different projects simultaneously Ability to assist staff with program-related design, development and strengthening
- Ability to problem-solve and think creatively Team orientation with ability to be self-directed as well High level of competency in MS Office products including Word, Outlook, Excel, Raiser’s Edge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a deadline driven environment Attention to detail
- Must be Flexible Must exhibit empathy in dealings with colleagues, clients, volunteers, and the greater community
- Ability to show emotional intelligence by listening and reflecting on situations before reacting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Minimum of B.A. degree or equivalent experience of at least 5 years in an area related to human services
- Successful grant writing experience for government, foundation, corporate and individual funding
- Experience in preparing proposal packages and budgets, understand outcome measures and grant compliance for human service agencies Knowledge of program development and outcomes, preferred High level of competency in MS Office products including Word, Outlook, Excel, and Raiser’s Edge
How to Apply?
To apply, please follow this link to locate the full job description and application: Jobs @ JF&CS
Medical, Dental, and Vision are available on the first day of hire for all full-time staff. PTO, 401K, and Paid Parental Leave are also available!
COVID-19 VACCINATION MANDATE:
Where permitted by applicable law, the applicant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire to be considered for employment. The booster requirement must be met 30 days after you become eligible, and proof of booster must be provided to Human Resources. JF&CS is an EEO employer and will engage in interactive dialogue regarding any accommodation requested based on medical or religious considerations.