IT Systems Administrator Consultancy
Reports To: Director of Finance and Administration
The Organization: Urgent Action Fund for Women’s Human Rights
Centered on a groundbreaking model of rapid response grantmaking, Urgent Action Fund for Women’s Human Rights (UAF) supports the urgent needs of courageous women, and trans and gender non-binary human rights defenders around the world in times of crisis or opportunity. Our model protects and advances the civil, political, and social rights of women and LGBTQI people, and invests in the resilience of social justice movements, including environmental, feminist, indigenous, land rights, youth, and LGBTQI movements. Founded in 1997, UAF is a member of a network of four independent “Sister Funds'' that collectively support frontline women’s rights activists around the world. UAF’s work within this network centers on support for feminist activists and social movements in the Middle East, the Caucasus, Europe and Central Asia, United States and Canada.
The Position: IT Systems Administrator
The IT Systems Administrator should have extensive knowledge of donor databases, financial and account ERP software, HRIS and payroll software and other business intelligence software. The IT Systems Administrator will provide technical guidance to the development of integrations between the software used at UAF and serve as the technical lead for implementation design.
- Map and analyze current technologies used within UAF and determine ways to improve
- Develop and maintain documentation about current environment setup, standard operating procedures and best practices
- Manage end-user accounts, permissions, access rights in accordance with best practices
- Create and lead the process of integrating IT systems to meet UAF’s requirements
- Document and monitor requirements needed to institute proposed updates
- Propose and establish framework for necessary contributions from other UAF teams
- Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources and scope
- Work closely with project management teams to successfully monitor progress of initiatives
- Develop required reports in response to staff and management needs
- Define clear goals for all aspects of a project and manage their proper execution
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot and correct hardware and software issues.
- Escalate incidents as necessary
- Ensure the security of UAF systems by implementing industry best-practices regarding privacy, security and regulatory compliance
- Manage vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure products and services
Areas of Expertise
- Project management and leadership skills are essential
- Extensive knowledge of SalesForce, CiviCRM, NetSuite and other business software including Box, Asana, GSuite.
- Experience developing IT and cloud infrastructure
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Experience in software engineering and design architecture
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Professional experience working with and analyzing computer hardware and software
How to submit
Please submit a proposal and/or email a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references (candidates will be notified in advance of any outreach to their references) to consultants@urgentactionfund[dot]org, with “IT Systems Administrator Consultancy” in the subject line. We strongly advise including years of experience in your proposal or resume. This position will be open until filled and we encourage candidates to submit their materials as soon as possible. Please submit PDF or Microsoft Word files only. No phone calls, please.