Crossroads Community Ministries—Housing Intake Specialist
Job Type: Part-time
Hourly Pay and Weekly Hours: $18/hr. - 25-30 hr./wk.
- Associates degree in social services or a related field, or commensurate experience in social services
- Understanding of problems people experiencing homelessness often face, including alcohol and drug abuse, mental illness, domestic violence, and long-term homelessness
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent office computer skills and phone skills
- Applicant must successfully pass required background checks prior to an offer of employment
- The intake specialist will coordinate and supervise referrals and intake requests for the Door-to-Door Housing Program (via website portal, email, phone calls and walk-ins).
- They will act as the first point of contact by answering referral phone calls and responding to inquiries and direct the clients to the service that will best meet the needs of the individual/family.
- They will also work as a member of the housing team to provide a variety of administrative duties such as creating files and requesting information to ensure file is complete and meets all agency and licensing requirements
- When necessary, this position will also provide support to housing program managers in providing direct services to the clients on an as needed basis
- Attend weekly staff and department meetings
Starting Date: February 2023
If Interested Email: Isis Wilson, Housing Program Manager, iwilson@crossroadsatlanta[dot]org