PIEDMONT PARK CONSERVANCY
Job Title: Development Manager
Reports To: Development Director
Piedmont Park Conservancy is the nonprofit organization working in partnership with the city of Atlanta to ensure Piedmont Park is an iconic park for the estimated 6 million visitors each year.
A new position created in response to organizational growth and opportunity, the Development Manager will report to the Director of Development and play a key role in growing the Conservancy’s overall fundraising program. This position will focus on increasing areas of support through events, individual giving, institutional donor stewardship and account management. It is a great opportunity for an ambitious and capable individual to make a significant impact in the future of the organization. This position requires an ability to work collaboratively with the entire Conservancy while at the same time be self-directed. A commitment to the Conservancy’s mission and strong attention to detail is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs, manages and implements a wide variety of fundraising tactics to secure contributions from businesses, private foundations and individuals to fund Piedmont Park Conservancy’s annual operations, special projects/events, and capital improvement initiatives of the Conservancy
- Leads activities related to annual Landmark Luncheon and Picnic for Piedmont Park, including working with Director of Development on committee, chair, and sponsor relationships
- Maintains existing relationships between PPC and key constituents representing businesses, private foundations, and prospective donors/sponsors
- Responsible for volunteer committee development, recruitment and retention strategies, budget, timeline, logistics and best practice implementation for various small special events and donor cultivation activities
- Conducts research related to and prepares grant and sponsorship proposals in applying for operational and capital support
- Develops and manages grant calendar, track grant proposals, reports and due dates and draft small grants
- Prepares and shares reports on fundraising progress as requested
- Oversees timely, thorough and successful donor recognition and sponsorship fulfillment efforts. Oversees acknowledgement letter templates and current standards for gift acknowledgement, gift tracking and donor history
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years fundraising experience including managing a gala or luncheon style fundraising events with gross revenue of at least $500,000
- Demonstrated experience on a team with measurable revenue goals and KPIs
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- High degree of organization and planning, detail orientation and the ability to initiate, implement and maintain effective systems and processes
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, including ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers
- Ability to create and manage process that enhances efficiency of staff work while allowing for donor centricity
- Must be flexible, able to handle a fast-paced environment and relate well to a wide variety of individuals
- Proficiency in utilizing donor CRM systems, Microsoft Office and Google Shared tools.
Salary range: $50-60k
Benefits: Medical Dental, Life Ins. Short & Long Term Disability., Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick and Personal)
Physical demands are limited to those associated with standard office and event environments.
While Piedmont Park Conservancy operates onsite in midtown Atlanta, the Marketing and Development team works with a flexible hybrid schedule, with opportunities to work from home, based on department needs. Some night and weekend work as needed.
Piedmont Park Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PPC is dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff and we encourage applications from all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.