Overview: HMHBGA seeks a qualified applicant to lend their talents by serving as an Administrative Coordinator to support our executive leadership team. The executive leadership team oversees five (5) departments that support the operational and mission aligned functions of our organization. Each team member shares a passion for providing culturally relevant and responsive educational resources and support services to individuals living across the State of Georgia. The coordinator will primarily support organizational operations, reporting to the Director of Operations and indirectly reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). In this role, the coordinator will provide a wide range of administrative support to departmental leadership and promote efficiency, consistency, and compliance with policies and procedures.
To be successful in this role, the coordinator will have a strong background in creating operational efficiencies, coordination of a wide variety of administrative and clerical duties and providing expert level customer service to a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders. A meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work in a high paced environment would be invaluable in this role. Additionally, independent judgment is required to identify, select, and apply the most appropriate of available guidelines and procedures as well as interpret precedents. Examples of daily activities include working alongside our bookkeeper to ensure accurate and timely processing of invoices, creation and implementation of an inventory management system, and supporting the CEO in prioritizing their schedule and preparation for meetings. Additional duties include but are not limited to:
• Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Director of Operations, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
• Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Initial review of incoming reimbursements, payments, donations, and invoices.
• Scanning documentation for online record-keeping. • Maintain business calendar for contracts and professional service bidding.
• Handle vendor bidding logistics.
• File and archive organizational documents.
• Order of supplies, equipment, and approved purchases.
• Assist the Leadership Team with event logistics throughout the year including registrations, payments, and external communications.
• Data-entry and maintenance of donor and member management system.
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining composure.
• Data entry using Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Serve as primary point of contact for facility issues with building management and submits/monitors work orders for completeness and quality.
• Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Accounting, or comparable field. Associate degree accepted with a demonstrated track record of three (3) or more years in a comparable role in the nonprofit sector.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, Board members, external partners, and donors.
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of service and response.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
• Strong understanding of phone and online systems and how to manage related issues.
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks and accounting software.
• Understanding of non-profit organizations.
• 4+ years in a similar role.
How to Apply.
Please follow these instructions exactly. Applications received that are not in the correct format will not be reviewed. Please email your current resume and a cover letter expressing your interest IN A SINGLE PDF FILE addressed to Mashanda Burton to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Administrative Coordinator”
*Please no phone calls. Only candidates selected for consideration will be contacted*
Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.