Jobs for the Future (JFF) drives transformation of the American workforce and education systems to achieve equitable economic advancement for all.
About the position
It’s an exciting time to join JFF. For nearly 40 years, JFF has led the way in designing innovative and scalable solutions to ensure that all Americans have the skills, resources, and credentials they need to achieve economic advancement – particularly for individuals who face barriers to economic mobility and populations that have been historically denied opportunity. We are experiencing a period of unprecedented growth and are strategically organizing both to scale our impact and to support the wellbeing of our staff.
Reporting to the Director, Talent Acquisition, the Manager, Talent Acquisition serves on a seven-member Talent Acquisition (TA) team that leads JFF’s recruiting and hiring efforts, thus playing a critical role in supporting JFF’s bold vision and rapid growth. The TA team has overseen the growth of 35 full-time hires in 2020, 94 in 2021, and 140 in 2022 with continued growth expected in the near term. The team is dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented, and committed to DEI within our work and building equitable processes as a team.
The Manager will lead a portfolio of searches and execute all efforts to recruit and hire a diverse staff of top talent to achieve JFF’s organizational priorities and mission. As JFF strives to build an innovative, high-performing and equity-focused culture, the Manager will maintain and improve systems and strategies to recruit a diverse slate of candidates for open roles and conduct inclusive and equitable hiring processes.
This is a compelling opportunity for a skilled and consultative search manager who enjoys aligning talent with organizational strategy, cares deeply about diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) and its application in search management, and desires to lead challenging and fulfilling work to impact JFF’s mission of economic advancement for all.
What you'll do:
- Manage a portfolio of 5-7 searches simultaneously, ranging in level and complexity, including some centralized volume searches, across JFF and JFFLabs. Oversee all stages of the search process from role design to offer stage.
- Serve as the face of JFF with candidates, ensuring timely and warm communication to support an engaging and positive experience for them with the organization. Use role requirements and JFF’s core competency model to accurately assess candidates through behavioral-based interviewing, and advance candidates for the hiring manager’s review in a timely manner. Build diverse candidate pipelines through active and passive recruitment methods.
- Communicate effectively with hiring teams including calibrating on candidate profiles as aligned to role requirements, ensuring that each stage of the search process is equity centered. Identify, disrupt and address potential unconscious bias at all stages of the search process with professional judgement, nuance and generosity of spirit. Facilitate search-related meetings, while engaging a diverse set of internal stakeholders and driving them toward specific outcomes.
Strategic and Analytical Thinking
- Analyze talent acquisition data and metrics to inform decisions about search strategy. Maintain and continuously improve the systems and processes necessary to sustain a best-in-class talent acquisition function. Support the Talent Acquisition Team and/or broader People & Culture team with special projects as it relates to team needs and your professional development interests.
Who you are:
- You have at least 3 years of overall experience supporting and stewarding hiring processes. You are highly organized and know how to manage multiple searches and prioritize appropriately. You create clear and logical systems and processes to support your work and that of the organization, and that hold yourself and others accountable. You possess passion for JFF’s mission while applying JFF’s core values to all areas of your work. You steward an organizational culture that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. You know how to infuse DEI into your recruiting and hiring practices and are eager to develop your expertise in this area. You are a curious and adaptive learner, with a desire to continuously improve in your work and talent acquisition practice. You quickly and adeptly become an expert on teams and candidate profiles that allow you to build processes that can effectively assess candidates’ alignment to the skill set.
- You are entrepreneurial and have an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, and quickly evolving environment with flexibility and comfort with varying degrees of ambiguity. You are driven by results and delight in building relationships with hiring teams so that you can support them in making hires that yield high impact. You understand that people are at the core of JFF's work, and you place a premium on service-orientation and contribute to positive and collaborative cultures and teams. You can communicate clearly and concisely in verbal and written communication. You thrive at engaging in meaningful ways with candidates and selling the mission of the organization. You are great at receiving and giving respectful and productive feedback to candidates and colleagues and view this as essential to your success in the search process.
- You hold high standards for confidentiality. You possess experience using applicant tracking systems or similar HR tools (e.g., ADP, Greenhouse) and have the ability to learn new technology quickly.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience. As part of our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, JFF strongly encourages people impacted by the criminal legal system to apply.
We are accepting applications through 2/14/2023. Applications submitted by that date will be reviewed and candidates will receive updates on their candidacy by the week of 2/20/2023
Positions at JFF are not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship or open to F-1 student visa holders.
All JFF employees are required to be fully up to date on their vaccinations against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption has been requested and a reasonable accommodation approved.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and skills.