Purpose of the Job:
The role of the HR Generalist is to serve the Business Office by providing human resources support to the staff at The dReam Center Church of Atlanta. The HR Generalist performs the administrative support and coordination activities associated with the preparation, delivery, record keeping and support of recruiting, compensation, benefits, training, employee and labor relations, employee communications, and safety and employment documentation. Ensures consistent application of policies and procedures. May serve as a liaison with internal departments/divisions and/or outside organizations.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- 3 or more years of experience in an HR support or coordinator role required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; demonstrated experience using online collaboration tools (e.g. MS Teams)
- Proven ability to work efficiently, effectively, and proactively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Professional presence with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working independently as well as able to work with virtual and cross functional teams.
- Strong communication (written/verbal) skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task simple to complex tasks.
- Ability to clearly follow processes and procedures, and ability to use sound judgment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Supports all of the core human resource processes including but not limited to employment, labor and employee relations, compensation, benefits
- Distributes internal communication materials regarding benefits and other human resources policies and procedures
- Supports new employee orientation and assists new employees with the onboarding process and may also provide benefits education and enrollment
- Codes, compiles, and files HR related correspondences, records, documents and reports according to an established system, typically of a confidential nature
- Sorts and distributes HR related mail and packages to appropriate parties
- Prepares, organizes, and maintains documents, personnel files and other files of a complex or confidential nature
- Assists in the implementation of human resource processes and policy changes
- Consults with management regarding interpretation and administration of human resource policies, programs, procedures and compliance with applicable state/federal statutes and regulations
- Prepares data reports from human resource information systems for information reporting and management decision making
- Staff liaison to the volunteer team members
- Shares the vision of The dReam Center church to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Comfortable in a team setting and ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Strong written / oral communication and interpersonal skills