The Open Hearts Foundation believes we can all do something to help others. Our mission empowers small and emerging charities, inspires volunteerism, and engages the world in the movement of the Open Hearts Philosophy. The Foundation is thrilled to be seeking top level candidates to apply for a new position that will help sustain and grow this small charitable organization.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations Coordinator will become an integral part of a dedicated, creative, and innovative team that fulfills the mission of the Foundation. This position is perfect for candidates looking for an opportunity to make a difference at a growing public Foundation in a hybrid work environment.
Position: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Westlake Village, CA
Pay: Based on experience starting at $21.00/Hour in a 40-hour work week (Estimated $43,680 per year) Additional Benefits in listing
Schedule: Full Time, Flexible Schedule in a Hybrid Work Environment
The ideal candidate will have a proactive attitude, experience working in the nonprofit sector, and proven success in coordinating multiple responsibilities for maximum productivity. As a full time, non-exempt position the Operations Coordinator will work under the leadership of the Executive Director to coordinate the internal, day to day operations of the Foundation’s nonprofit business model, such as:
- Maintain internal processes for the Foundation’s grantmaking and volunteerism programs
- Coordinate the CRM database and donor record management
- Prepare internal financial records and annual tax filings in coordination with the Executive Director and Accounting Firm
- Support the Executive Director and Board of Directors by coordinating board meetings, policy management, bylaws, and strategic planning
- Coordinate with the Executive Director to accomplish various nonprofit fundraising strategies, in-person and virtual
- Evaluate internal systems and make recommendations for improvement
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the mission of the Foundation
- Two or three years of experience working in the nonprofit sector or related charitable work
- A Certificate or Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Management or other related field
- A passion for mission-based work, values that align with the Open Hearts Philosophy, and motivation to support the strategic goals of the Foundation
- An extremely high-level of attention to detail and commitment to excellence and accuracy
- Excellent database management skills, like record keeping, analysis, research, and reporting
- A strong commitment to customer service, maintaining a proactive, positive attitude in working with both internal and external stakeholders, like charity partners, donors, volunteers, and business partners
- The desire and energy to work in a small, fast-paced environment, requiring both fluidity and focus on multiple projects simultaneously
- An understanding of the need to handle confidential information, donor privacy rules, and the security of the Foundation’s digital and hard copy footprint
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills to enhance the Foundation’s performance levels
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a creative and innovative team
- Experience with Donor Perfect, QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Office, Zoom, Teams, Google products, and an aptitude for learning new applications
Workplace Environment: This position will work with the Executive Director in a hybrid mix of remote and in-person meetings, workdays, activities, events, and day-to-day operations, with the main office operating in Westlake Village, CA and the business of the Foundation primarily located in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties.
The Open Hearts Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The Open Hearts Foundation makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
Comprehensive Benefits: Monthly health stipend, a full time 40-hour work week with some weekend or evening hours as needed, flexible work schedule with a commitment to excellent productivity, 12 paid Holidays per year, and, after a 90-day probation period, this position will accrue 10 paid PTO days per calendar year, with an accrual cap of 15 paid PTO days. We offer appropriate professional development opportunities as they occur.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Must be able to be in a seated or stationary position roughly 50% of the time. A willingness to occasionally move items weighing up to 50 pounds across the office or during events for various needs. Must be able to apply established protocols in a timely manner, learn new tasks, remember processes, maintain focus, complete tasks independently, make timely decisions in the context of a workflow, ability to communicate, ability to complete tasks in situations that have a speed or productivity quota.
How to Apply: Interested candidates will email an attached cover letter with a resume and three professional references, with the subject line “Operations Coordinator,” to info@OpenHeartsFoundation.org. All submissions will be reviewed in the order they are received, and qualified candidates will be contacted to begin the three-step interview process. Deadline to apply is February 17, 2023. No phone calls or questions please.
About the Open Hearts Foundation: The Open Hearts Foundation empowers emerging and growing nonprofit organizations whose origins and mission are consistent with the precepts of the Open Hearts Philosophy. The Foundation accelerates purpose through its grant making and volunteerism programs curating incredible opportunities to engage hands on with philanthropic causes. The Foundation has provided more than $1,500,000.00 in its grantmaking history in support of charities throughout the United States and has inspired thousands of volunteers across the globe to do what they can to help others and find their unique purpose. As a 501(c)(3) public foundation, the Open Hearts Foundation is a small, creative and innovative non-profit organization that believes in the art of the possible, fiscal responsibility, and a grounded passion to turn adversity into opportunity and create change for the greater good.