We are looking for a part time Bookkeeper/Administrator, who has experience working in a Non-profit environment. individual hired will handle the day-to-day financial affairs of a large established church in Peachtree Corners, GA. This is a 20-25 hours a week position with flexibility working in a great environment.
- Efficient financial recording and reporting based on proper accounting procedures, including timely posting of credits and debits to Automated Church Systems (ACS).
- Coordinate Online giving processes and transactions. Disbursement of properly documented and authorized funds.
- Timely and accurate invoice processing and vendor management.
- Recording of all member contributions and issuance of regular contributor statements.
- All aspects of Payroll and Benefits for staff and contractors.
- Provide administrative guidance and support for other staff members
- Assist the Treasurer and Audit Committee in conducting an annual audit of the financial records and policies of the church.
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial reports to the Congregation Council, committees, and the congregation.
- Assist the Council in preparing the annual budget. With the Treasurer, monitor monthly cash flow to anticipate monetary requirements.
- On a timely basis, handle all stock transactions for members of the congregation.
- Primary responsibility for full, accurate and timely management of all accounting and financial matters of the church.
- Ensure proper financial policies are practiced, evaluated, and updated as necessary.
- Responsible to the Senior Pastor and Congregation Council
- Works closely with Treasurer, Financial Secretary, Stewardship Committee, Operations Director and other staff.
- Attend staff meetings and be an integral part of the staff team (on site for a majority of hours)
- Attend Congregation Council meetings as requested.
- From a business viewpoint, assist staff or committees in solutions to organizational problems.
- Be a positive representative of the ministry and mission of the church. Other duties as assigned or apparent.
Experience and Training
- Experience and training in computers, especially Automated Church Systems data base management and financial modules.
- Supervisory experience helpful Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a Non-profit environment