Cascade United Methodist Church
The vision of Cascade United Methodist Church is to be light in the community and around the world through discipleship, service, and social justice.
CASCADE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
JOB DESCRIPTION – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Under the direction of the Senior Pastor, the Executive Director will execute the vision of Cascade United Methodist Church. This full-time position will build and manage the operational systems of the church through oversight of five primary areas: 1) finance administration, 2) facility management, 3) staff management and development, 4) events/special projects, and 5) strategic planning & development. The Executive Director also supports the administrative committees of Cascade United Methodist Church. The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the Church’s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success.
- Liaise with superior to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of the business to ensure smooth progress
- Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Plan, managed, and executed events and special projects
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data and metrics
- Other duties as assigned
This job operates in a church environment and periodically travel to different sites. This role also routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This position requires up to 25% travel. Some of the travel is international.
- 3-5 years experience in staff, program, and facilities management with a proven track record of excellence.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration or a related field. Experience working in a church or non-profit ministry is preferred.
- The ability to communicate effectively and kindly, both verbally and in writing, and give clear direction.
- A history of good servant leadership and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Must be able and willing to mentor and support staff members so that each one succeeds in their respective roles.
- Strong organizational skills, with personal attention to detail.
- Excellent computer and word processing skills.
Cascade United Methodist Church provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Field: 6 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location