About Our Organization
Living in Freedom Together, Inc. (LIFT) is a Survivor-led, nonprofit organization where Survivors of systems of prostitution and allies collaborate to support victims and Survivors of the sex trade – a population routinely marginalized by society. LIFT’s mission is to end systems of prostitution through the implementation of the Equality Model. LIFT provides and develops Survivor-led-and-informed comprehensive, wraparound services, including exit services for Survivors of the sex trade, to address risks of and on ramps to systems of prostitution. LIFT advocates for social change and justice for Survivors, leads legislative initiatives at national, state, and local levels, trains and provides consulting services for community-based partners including medical providers, social services agencies, and law enforcement, and develops and delivers education and outreach services for community members and academic institutions.
LIFT instituted a 4-day work week based on extensive research on redefining "full-time" work and in the interest of a better and more meaningful work/life balance for our employees.
About the Donor Relations and Events Manager role:
The Donor Relations and Events Manager is a full time, essential part of the LIFT team, providing critical support to the Development Department and the LIFT organization as a whole. The Donor Relations and Events Manager will develop, coordinate, and manage donations, fundraising events and campaigns, awareness raising, and advocacy events and campaigns aimed towards involving individuals at Federal, State, Municipal and community levels, philanthropies, foundations, and community volunteers with supporting LIFT’s goals and mission. The Donor Relations and Events Manager will maintain relationships with existing supporters and donors, manage a living roster of supporters and work to acquire new supporters through strong outreach and communication methods.
The Donor Relations and Events Manager needs to contribute the highest attention to detail, be willing and able to work autonomously in a fast-paced, multi-function environment, work efficiently and improve donor relations and events systems and processes, and demonstrate passion for internal and external customer service. We’re looking for an energetic person who is excited about being ‘in the know’ on everything the department is doing and who is interested to research, recommend and implement innovative ideas to support LIFT. The Donor Relations and Events Manager will work with colleagues who are Survivors of commercial sexual exploitation and allies who support LIFT’s mission to end the sex trade and manage events that program participants attend. While not a direct service provider, the Donor Relations and Events Manager is expected to maintain participant confidentiality and treat all colleagues and program participants with unconditional positive regard.
The Donor Relations and Events Manager is expected to work in the Development Office, onsite at other LIFT programs, and be out in the community promoting LIFT and our work. This individual will be expected to be active in the local, state, and national sphere connecting and securing support from individuals, organizations, corporations, and foundations both locally and nationally. Though this position will be based in Worcester, travel as needed will be expected.
This is a new role to the organization; the Donor Relations and Events Manager will be expected to work onsite full time in the beginning. Once the role is established, incorporating the ability to work from home will be considered.
Living In Freedom Together (LIFT) has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy (medical and religious exemptions permitted)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Donor Relations and Events Manager will be expected to execute the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage/oversee donor data and support the anticipated transition of data to Salesforce, including the accurate entry of all donation information into database (manual and automated)
- Maintain donor and supporter relations, generate and customize donor acknowledgement letters, event and donor emails, text and social media correspondence to ensure timeliness of, and clear communications to, donors and event attendees.
- Create, customize, and manage all donor and supporter lists, fundraising and revenue reports, and dashboards using information sourced from Give Butter, PayPal, social media platforms, Microsoft Suite, including Excel, Google Suite, Tableau and Salesforce, ensuring data accuracy.
- Develop, oversee, create and maintain fundraising, awareness and advocacy campaigns.
- Manage all social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn and use them as tools to promote the organization, our work, and mission and to engage with supporters and promote events.
- Develop an annual fundraising campaign calendar to reach a diverse range and scope of donors, supporters and attendees for events that include in-person, online, and social media fundraisers with assigned monetary goals for each.
- Project manage all fundraising events, including promotional and marketing materials, content coordination, ticket sales, guest list management, financial management, and budget monitoring.
- Seek out and attend local, state, and national conferences, fundraisers, and any other relevant events that can be leveraged to promote our work and mission and cultivate funding sources.
- Work proactively with the LIFT Finance department to ensure accuracy in donation records, including assistance with reconciliations.
- Assist with donor relations, donor communications and campaigns, and grant applications and reports. Proactively contribute to problem-solving, team brainstorms, strategic and operational planning exercises.
- Attend interdepartmental planning, data management, and IT meetings as required.
- Research and create detailed profiles for major donor and foundation grant prospects.
- Manage the development of standard protocols and systems management.
- Provide high-quality deliverables within the assigned timeline.
- Various administrative duties and other tasks as assigned by management.
Education And/or Experience
- Lived experience preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience of fundraising and event planning.
- Experience with Salesforce required; Salesforce Admin Certification or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Experience with peer-to-peer fundraising systems, Give Butter or comparable email and list management systems, and/or Salesforce and Tableau for knowledge and case management a very strong plus.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- High degree of proficiency in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and TikTok
- Desire to collaborate to build a robust fundraising and donor relations program to support and grow the organization.
All Full-time Employees Are Eligible for The Following Benefits
- Four-day work week (32 hours)
- Dental & medical insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vacation leave
- Paid Time Off
$80,000 with the ability to earn up to $20,000 bonus annually.