ABOUT THE ATLANTA POLICE FOUNDATION
The Atlanta Police Foundation (APF), established in 2003, brings together the public and private sectors, with the mission of making Atlanta a safer city for residents and visitors. Through public safety strategies and partnerships, the Foundation, a 501(c) 3, provides a means for individuals, community members and businesses to engage and donate funds, with an ultimate goal of preventing and reducing crime. The Foundation’s programs address the city’s public safety needs, including increasing police visibility, using state-of-the-art technology to fight and prevent crime and working to create strong leaders in the Atlanta Police Department through enhanced training. For more information about the Atlanta Police Foundation, please visit: www.atlantapolicefoundation.org.
The Development Director leads the Foundation’s comprehensive fundraising efforts by managing and growing all current revenue streams and creating new opportunities to add to the current development portfolio. The Director is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current and prospective donors, board members, corporate leaders, and foundations. The Director will also work closely with the Programs Department to ensure our fundraising strategy aligns with current programmatic needs.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Development also plays a key role in developing the APF’s overall strategic plan. As a part of that plan, the Foundation hosts six annual fundraising events and the Development Director is responsible for oversight of the Event staff to ensure successful events. The successful candidate will come with a proven track record of developing and executing strong fundraising strategies, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a stronger development team for our organization.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepares and implements annual fundraising plan with a focus on new prospects
- Conducts prospect research and prospect evaluation, including developing individualized cultivation plans for prospects.
- Develops grant proposals and write grant reports.
- Leads the fundraising strategy and efforts of the Board.
- Strategically engages board members, organization executives and current donors in peer‐prospect identification, visits, and gift closing
- Routinely networks with corporate executives and interacts with high‐net worth individuals for the purpose of cultivating personal relationships and developing personal giving.
- Prepares and submits timely reports to funders and/or grantors, as required.
- Ensures that all donors are properly acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Supervises donor database while ensuring accurate and timely updates for revenue management.
- Works closely with programs team to ensure proper alignment of fundraising strategy and program goals.
- Makes presentations to community groups and civic organizations.
- Design campaign materials and revise when necessary for distribution to patrons and donor prospects.
- Supervises development team and ensures proper Departmental workflow
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 5 years of successful fundraising experience.
- Significant experience in grant writing, event management, donor communications/marketing and managing volunteers.
- Proven experience running capital campaigns and generating fundraising from multiple donor channels.
- Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to organize information and data and perform detail-oriented work with accuracy, timeliness, and completeness.
- Ability to manage a comprehensive fundraising strategy and oversee donor database.
- Ability to “close” gifts (must have strong salesmanship & relationship-building capabilities).
- Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, across different levels of the organization and externally
- Demonstrated computer skills with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, Power Point & Publisher, as well as Donor Perfect experience.
- Experience working in all aspects of development including major gifts solicitation, grant writing development/follow up, annual campaigns, prospect research and development, and special events planning/implementation.
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong relationships with Atlanta donors.
- Experience with Donor Perfect or similar database experience
Salary is commensurate with experience. This full-time position offers a generous benefit package including health/dental/life/vision/403b plan with employer match.
Please provide a cover letter and resume via email to operations@atlantapolicefoundation[dot]org.