Braille Institute is well-positioned to benefit from a mission-driven, collaborative, strategic, and forward-thinking finance professional. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides executive-level leadership and strategic direction to the financial, accounting and treasury functions of the organization, assuring its overall short- and long-term financial stability. The CFO oversees financial, accounting, business services and facilities operations with a total staff of 20 FTE through the following direct reports: Controller; Director, Business Services; and Director, Facilities.
Braille Institute is a non-profit organization that has been positively transforming the lives of those with vision loss for more than 100 years. Braille Institute offers a broad range of free programs, classes, and services to more than 20,000 children, youth and adults each year. Braille Institute’s current annual operating budget is approximately $23 million with an endowment totaling approximately $250 million.
For more information, please visit www.brailleinstitute.org.
- Competitive candidates will have broad finance and investment experience including prior work with investment consultants/advisors and a proven track record of financial leadership gained through increasingly responsible positions.
- Past positions as a CFO or senior financial manager in a dynamic nonprofit organization and experience working with a Board of Directors is strongly preferred.
- Experience overseeing accounting, investments, budgeting, controls, and reporting is essential and expected, as is proficiency in technology and systems used to support this work.
- Proven successful team leadership is required and successful candidates must demonstrate a clearly articulated collaborative and flexible management style that supports a positive team culture, well-being of staff, regular feedback, high performance, and employee retention.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA and/or CPA, or related advanced degree is preferred.
Compensation & Additional Considerations
The annual salary range for this position is $225,000 to $275,000 based on experience. Relocation assistance, if needed, is negotiable. A comprehensive and competitive benefits package will be provided. This is a full-time exempt position with the expectation of regular in-person work at the Braille Institute’s Los Angeles Center; a hybrid remote work schedule with one to two days of telecommuting per week will be considered.
Braille Institute has retained Morris & Berger to conduct the CFO search. To view the full position description, please visit https://pub.lucidpress.com/morrisberger_2212/. To apply, please submit an application, including a resume and a letter of interest, in confidence to Morris & Berger through their website: https://www.morrisberger.com/position.php?id=2212.