Job Title: Violence Prevention & Health Educator
Job Summary: Responsible for facilitating a comprehensive violence prevention program for youth and young adults in metro Atlanta. Additional facilitation skills required to offer sexual risk avoidance education, substance abuse, stress, and anger management skill building. Other job duties include mentoring at risk youth, assisting with youth leadership programming, parental involvement, community programs, referrals for other linkages of care and community resources, social media content and postings, data collection and sustaining a high- quality prevention program in conjunction with community partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Project Administrators, participating sites, community agencies, educational institutions, teachers, and parents.
- Assist the Project Administrators with developing, coordinating, ordering and revising developmental and culturally appropriate curriculums and educational materials for participants.
- Contact sites to recruit participants, provide orientations, implement referral procedures and hold informational meetings regarding participants and programming as needed.
- Schedule, arrange, and implement curriculums and all other preventive classes deemed necessary for the target population. Curriculum training will be offered.
- Assists with evaluation efforts including coordination and administration of pretests, posttests, observations and focus groups, preparing reports, submitting reporting forms and all other evaluation efforts as needed.
- Assist with coordinating and implementing Peer Leadership training, parent and community activities. Report interactions.
- Meet, arrange and provide referrals and follow-up services to community partners regarding linkages of care and community resources for participants.
- Assists the Project Administrators with insuring that physical workplace settings are safe and conducive to promoting an enriching and stimulating learning environment.
- Assist with on-going monitoring of curriculum fidelity and quality assurance measures.
- Assists with conducting workshops and exhibiting information at conferences.
- Attends staff meetings, grantee meetings, advisory group meetings, conferences, curriculum trainings, seminars, and continuing education classes as needed to abreast of prevention and intervention information for the targeted population.
- Maintains and submits all necessary internal reports and records.
- Ensures that the grant goals and objectives are met as identified by the specific grant.
- Seeks additional resources to support the implementation of a high-quality enrichment program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Supervised by: Associate Director
Qualifications: This position requires at least three years facilitation experiences in the areas of: violence prevention, sexual risk avoidance, teenage pregnancy prevention, and overall health education. Additional experience in participant recruitment, community outreach and partnership development in the school and criminal justice system.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Must be able to drive throughout metro Atlanta to workshops and meetings. Must be able to work in person and virtually, occasional weekends and evenings when required by work demands. Must be able to do occasional lifting and transporting of materials.