It is the policy of Quality Care for Children that all employees shall receive an equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or disability in employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Must have received the COVID-19 vaccine and Booster by date of hire to be considered for position.
Job Title: Early Care and Education Specialist
Department: Child Care Resource and Referral
Supervisor: Director and Assistant Director
Salary: Based on experience and education.
Location: Clarke, Barrow, Jackson, Oconee Counties
- Coordinate and provide individualized technical assistance and coaching based on the QCC technical assistance model to licensed child care providers.
- Develop and facilitate training and other professional development opportunities for child care providers based on the identified need.
- Develop an individual plan of improvement for child care programs on the assigned caseload based on observations and other forms of assessment.
- Maintain effective, ongoing, thorough, and appropriate communication, in alignment with individualized goals, with programs on caseload.
- Adhere to program documentation expectations.
- Facilitate the purchasing of materials for child care programs utilizing currently available funds.
- Complete all reports and documentation within specified timeframe.
- Maintain effective and consistent communication with management.
- Meet all deliverables as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field.
- Dedicated to on-going professional development.
- Three or more years of experience working with groups of children birth-12 years of age.
- Eligible to become a Georgia Approved Trainer.
- Strong organization skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills (written and oral).
- Experience with office management systems.
- Knowledge of child care best practices, quality systems, and national accreditation systems for child care programs.
- Knowledge of Bright from the Start rules and regulations.
- Understanding of the Georgia Quality Rated System.
- Knowledge of Environment Rating Scales.
- Possess skills of a collaborator.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation are required.
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Available to travel locally 50%-70% of their work time
- Georgia Approved Trainer, preferred. Please submit a copy of your training approval letter.
- Extensive knowledge of Environment Rating Scales (ITERS-3, ECERS-3, SACERS-U, FCCERS-3).
- Experience with Zoom and/or Teams.
- Proficient with Office 365 Suite, SharePoint, and other Microsoft Systems.
- Experience working with the Quality Rated System.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Frequent driving is required.
- Consistently standing for 2 hours or more delivering training and providing coaching/technical assistance.
- Sitting at the computer for 3 hours or more at a time.
- Bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and moderate lifting (at least 25 pounds) required.
To Apply: Please e-mail hr@qccga[dot]org your resume and 1-page cover letter (list Early Care and Education Specialist of North East Georgia in the e-mail's subject line). Please include your name when titling email attachments.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.