Administrative Director, Cancer Support Community Atlanta ("CSC Atlanta")
Program Description: Cancer Support Community Atlanta is a 501(c)3 charitable organization located in the heart of the medical community in Sandy Springs, Georgia. This organization is the local affiliate of a national organization and is dedicated to offering a variety of free support programs for people affected by cancer..
This position is part time, in the office.
The Administrative Director provides support to the organization under the direction of the Executive Director.
The Administrative Director will split time between the front desk and a separate private office, and will be the first person most new members meet when they join Cancer Support Community Atlanta. Therefore, the ideal candidate must show sensitivity to, and awareness of, the physical and emotional challenges that face individuals diagnosed with cancer. Must be familiar with CSC programs and be able to research community resources in order to assist cancer patients, their caregivers, and other organizations with information and referrals. Must maintain confidentiality.
Administrative responsibilities require someone who is reliable, conscientious, organized, and detail-oriented, with good communication and problem-solving skills. Must have good time management skills in order to multi-task, set priorities, and meet frequent deadlines. Ability to work independently, while also able to coordinate assignments with others in a small team environment. Must be flexible to deal with unanticipated circumstances.
Specific Job Requirements
- Use Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel, and Publisher, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Manage database, including database modification, participant and gift entry, program attendance entry, production of donor acknowledgement letters and statistical reports.
- Use mass email marketing platform to enter data, maintain and update mailing lists, and run reports.
- Maintain relationships with vendors. Track subscription information and schedule appointments for IT services, facility maintenance, etc. Coordinate with IT consultant as needed for hardware and software upgrades.
- Troubleshoot problems with office machines, such as the computers, copier, postage machine, printers, etc. When needed, contact vendors for repairs.
- Order office and kitchen supplies. Organize and stock flyer display.
- Coordinate with Volunteer Director to assist volunteers with information and tasks.
- Retrieve, sort, and distribute mail. Ensure that the bimonthly calendar mailing process runs smoothly by assisting with proofreading and providing mail spreadsheets for the mail house.
To apply, submit application, resume, and three references. No phone calls, please.