Position: Senior Center Assistant Full-time Entry Level - Benefited position
Position Overview: Senior Services North Fulton, Inc. is a non-profit agency whose mission is to provide services and support for seniors to enhance their quality of life & independence in our community. We manage three centers in Atlanta, where independent seniors visit during the day to socialize, have lunch and participate in classes in such areas as art, exercise, health education, etc. at no cost to themselves and then go home.
The Senior Center Assistant is an entry-level position that will rotate in all three Atlanta centers, working closely with the Senior Center Manager to oversee the operations of the senior center. In the morning duties include, but not limited to: interacting daily with senior participants, working in and cleaning up the kitchen area & serving congregate meals, answering phones, creating and running activities, and assisting the Center Manager with field trips.
In the afternoon, the Center Assistant will be responsible for administrative tasks that support the senior center such as, but not limited to: data entry for daily and monthly reports, creating activities, scheduling speakers, helping with outreach activities, etc.
The schedule is Monday – Friday from 8 am – 4 pm.
1. Have a clear understanding and ability to communicate the services offered by the organization and the eligibility to attend one of SSNF’s senior centers.
2. Heat and serve congregate meals. Responsible for receiving the meals, serving, and clean-up at the end of the day.
3. Assist the Center Manager with programming, so calling Bingo, introducing a speaker, running an activity, decorating the center, etc.
4. Go on field trips with participants.
5. Complete required reporting, which includes obtaining the data from the centers and entering into the reporting system.
6. Greet participants and answer phones.
7. Conduct tours of the facility for potential participants, volunteers, donors.
8. Set up for activities.
9. Other duties related to the daily operation of the Senior Center, as directed by the Senior Center Manager.
10. Be familiar with the goals and policies of Senior Services North Fulton, Inc, and work within the goals, policies, and regulations of the agency, county, and state.
11. Check participants in and out for the day, ensure get on correct bus safely.
12. Be familiar with the goals and policies of Senior Services North Fulton, Inc, and work within the goals, policies, and regulations of the agency, county, and state.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Previous work experience with diverse groups of people, including older adults
- Previous experience in a multi-task work environment
- Must be comfortable using technology. Previous experience with Excel, and Word is prefered, but the ability to learn the programs is required.
- Good interpersonal and computer skills
- Ability to face challenges and be flexible
- An understanding of senior issues; ability to competently meet their needs
- Good physical condition: able to lift up to 15 pounds
- Must be a team player
- ServeSafe Certification, or the ability to pass the exam provided
- First Aid and CPR certification, will be provided
- Must pass a background check which includes a fingerprint scan
- Must pass Drug Test Driver's License and have access to reliable transportation
Thank you for your interest. Please submit a resume or e-mail with a letter of interest to tmorris@ssnorthfulton[dot]org. Only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.