JOB TITLE: HR Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Chief Operation Officer
LAST DATE REVISED: 1/15/2023
About the Latin American Association
The mission of the Latin American Association (LAA) is to empower Latinos to empower Latinos to adapt, integrate thrive. Our vision is ‘Opportunity for all.
Founded in 1972 to serve Atlanta’s then-emerging Latino population, the LAA has grown to become the region’s leading agency representing Latino issues. Our 43-year history and community-based mission render the organization truly unique in its work and capabilities. The LAA stands as the oldest, most trusted and only fully bilingual organization in the region focused exclusively on the needs and concerns of the Latino community.
Impacting over 44,000 individuals each year, the LAA offers Latinos an extensive range of evidence-based services, programs and supports to help them achieve success. Our core programs include: Family Services; Employment Services; Women’s Economic Empowerment Program; Domestic Violence Legal Program; Immigration Legal Services; Education and Language Services; Youth Programs; and Policy and Advocacy Program.
This position is responsible for the coordination and the administration of HR related initiatives for the LAA. Also, this position identifies areas of improvement with HR processes and responds to employee requests about general HR questions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with all internal and external HR related inquiries and requests.
- Coordinates and administers the onboarding and off boarding of employees.
- Maintains and updates employee job descriptions and organizational chart.
- Assists with reviewing and updating the employee handbook.
- Coordinates, communicates and tracks the performance management process.
- Assists with coordinating and scheduling training programs.
- Supports recruitment initiatives to attract and retain quality talent.
- Maintains employee files and recordkeeping.
- Communicates benefit plan offerings and responds to requests.
- Prepares and maintains HR documents and reports in Excel, Asana and Jotform.
- Stays abreast and up-to-date with latest HR trends and best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Create procedures, manuals and protocols for employees regarding recruiting, interviews, hiring, onboarding process, staff development, performance evaluation, conflict resolution, disciplinary actions and terminations, etc.
- Overseas, manage and improve internal communication with staff regards HR policies and implementation.
- Handle conflicts resolution, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Help to promote organization positive culture, support the leadership team to set the attitudes, values and goals to share among managers and employees toward the same goals and org's mission.
- Collaborates and supports Employee Engagement Committee initiatives
The qualifications listed below are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or equivalent in experience.
- Two years of previous experience as an HR coordinator or related role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Working knowledge and full understanding of employment laws and regulations.
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and office technologies
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multi-task.
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Fluency in Bi-lingual communication – English and Spanish written and verbal
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; taste or smell.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; talk; hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular, on-site attendance is required
- Work is primarily in a climate-controlled office building or with moderate noise level