Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Location: Tucker, GA
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, Wellroot Family Services is seeking a strategic and dynamic Marketing Coordinator with 2+ years of marketing experience and a track record of executing successful digital, social media, and traditional marketing campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrated passion for Wellroot’s mission, vision and values.
- A spirit of collaboration and teamwork that fosters positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create strategic and compelling storytelling marketing campaigns for Wellroot programs, services, and events to raise awareness, engagement, and donated income.
- Exemplary writing and proofing skills, including the ability to write varied content for the organization’s website, printed publication, social media channels, email campaigns, printed advertising, and special event scripts.
- Define, manage and coordinate Wellroot social media strategy. Must possess social media skills including the understanding of SEO, ability to optimize content for various platforms, and experience with social media management tools.
- Manage graphic design for online and print materials for touch points including email, direct mail, social media, events and program collateral
- Update website and blog content as need; knowledge of WordPress a plus
- Manage vendor relationships and serve as “quality controls” for creative materials.
- Provide editorial and creative support to staff for external presentations and program collateral.
- Assist with analyzing campaign results for reporting to internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Monitor and evaluate news coverage to assist in generating coverage and story ideas, as well as augmenting and culling media lists.
- Assist with handling inquiries from media, the public and other departments.
- Maintain departmental editorial calendar.
- Assist with managing and producing multimedia materials, including photo, video, resource/quote banks, and artifacts. Responsible for maintaining current databases, fulfilling requests, duplication, and appropriate related record keeping.
- Manage multiple projects and complete them with minimal supervision.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field.
- At least two years of related work experience in public relations, communications, or marketing.
- Graphic design and video production experience a plus.
Preferred Skills and Experience
Strong storytelling writing skills, grammar, and proofreading skills; Adobe Creative Suite, MailChimp or other e-marketing platform, MS-Word; PowerPoint; Excel; database software; Internet research skills; and experience building and interacting with a social media audience. Candidate must have excellent organizational skills and a willingness to take on administrative tasks such as scheduling interviews, transcribing notes, and maintaining an editorial calendar.
Fast-paced, but working with vulnerable clients. Sensitivity and good judgment are musts. Ability to multitask. Keen attention to detail. Standard work week is 40 hours, with additional time as required in the evenings and weekends. May receive calls or emails at home on occasion.
Contacts With Others
Regularly interacts with Wellroot directors and staff, interacts sometimes with donors, volunteers, and clients. Represents Wellroot to the media, donors, and project participants. Must use appropriate discretion and protocol in interactions.
Wellroot offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package that includes:
- Major medical, dental & vision coverage
- STD, LTD, Basic Life coverage – 100% Employer Paid
- 11 Paid company holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- 401K – 6% Match
For 150 years Wellroot Family Services has provided meaningful, positive change that dramatically impacts the lives of children and families within the North Georgia community. Join our dynamic and growing organization! Our mission at Wellroot is to restore children and families from trauma through Christ; and we envision a world where every child is raised in a loving, compassionate, and nurturing home.
Wellroot is an EEO employer