Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Comprehensive benefits package with 401K match, 25 days PTO, 14 paid holidays.
Both field visits and in-office work are required with remote work option available for at least 2-3 days per week.
- Full time exempt position that reports to the Executive Director.
- Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for planning and implementation of engagement strategies to increase the agency’s visibility in the community while providing the highest quality of donor-centered customer service. This includes connecting people in the broader community by researching and cultivating relationships with businesses, individuals, and other relevant organizations for various volunteer and donor sponsorship opportunities.
- Responsible for maintaining The Closet Connection, a donation center for Community Connections foster parents, along with management of the agency’s special events and donation drives.
- Models and applies the mission and purpose of Community Connections through daily actions that successfully meet the needs of children in foster and adoptive placements by providing quality services through family centered practice.
- Provides ongoing analysis of volunteers and donations and adjusts course as necessary to meet agency objectives. Professional representation of the agency at all times to include timely responses, positive relationship building and effective collaboration with staff, foster parents, volunteers, and donors.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, communications, business, or related field AND one year of direct experience with fundraising or outreach activities. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, candidates with 3-5 years of experience with fundraising or outreach activities may be considered.
- Experience with public speaking preferred.
- Availability for special events on scheduled evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work within a budget
- Have reliable vehicle with auto liability insurance.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Job Performance Expectations:
- Leverage knowledge of social media to translate social media traffic into fundraising and utilize other marketing platforms in order to drive the financial and community support to the agency.
- Possess a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude with the ability to work with a wide range of personality types of volunteers and donors.
- Demonstrates timely and effective priority setting, decision making and problem solving and is proactive, results oriented, and highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities and speaking engagements, including community events and other volunteer and donor solicitation opportunities.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of the agency’s annual donation drives for new spring outfits, back to school supplies, fall coats, and holiday toys.
- Responsible for the organization and leadership of special events, including a BBQ and holiday party along with other appreciation events for foster parents, staff, volunteers, or donors.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and maintaining volunteers and managing volunteer records in compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Maintains prompt communication with potential donors regarding items to be donated, as well as planned delivery or scheduled pick up of donations.
- Responsible for effectively managing ongoing program supports for the donation center and ensuring adequate donations for a fully stocked and organized donation center.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of tasks, including acknowledgments and receipts to donors and completion of donation logs for in-kind and financial donations as required for accounting purposes.
- Demonstrate effective leadership with foster parents, volunteers, donors, and other interested parties.
- May perform other duties as assigned.