BSW is required in the field of Gerontology, Psychology, Social Work or a related field from an accredited University. Experience working in a social or human services environment is preferable. This position requires good interpersonal skills, excellent organizational skills, strong computer skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to provide leadership.
RESPONSIBLE TO: CASE MANAGER SUPERVISOR
NATURE OF WORK;
This position is responsible for assessing client’s needs and maintaining accurate and up to date client records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conduct face-to-face interviews with all clients referred for services.
2. Assess client needs. This may include the needs of the caregiver.
3. Develop a detailed care plan that meets the need identified in the assessment.
4. Implementation of services plan.
5. Review/reassess care plans to ensure that the continuum of care is appropriate.
6. Develop ongoing list of service providers available to client population.
7. Regular and timely monitoring and follow up on all clients.
8. Knowledge of Title III service requirements.
9. Certify eligibility of recipients of Title III services according to mandated procedures.
10. Provide counseling services to individuals, families and groups.
11. Document all client activity efficiently and accurately.
12. All other duties as assigned.