The Tech Interactive is seeking a creative marketing professional to help us broaden and deepen our reach among educators in the Bay Area and to oversee a strategy to establish our brand nationwide. The ideal candidate will be passionate about The Tech, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to inspire the innovator in everyone. The primary responsibility of the person in this position will be to increase the number of educators using The Tech as a resource, by bringing their classes to The Tech for field trips (including IMAX films and science labs) and taking professional development courses (in-person and online) through the Bowers Institute, as well as engaging them with other programs and initiatives at The Tech. This person will also be a key member of the team working to engage educators around the world with new and expanded programs and resources.
The ideal candidate will have a strong marketing background, with a deep understanding of multiple ways to communicate with the educator audience and a willingness to experiment with new strategies. This person will have experience in the nonprofit or education space; exceptional editing and writing ability; comfort managing multiple projects and deadlines with the broader team internally as well as outside firms and contractors; and strong interpersonal skills.
The Education Marketing Manager is a full time/exempt position reporting to the Vice President for Marketing and Sales.
What a day looks like in this role:
- Deeply and fully understand the needs of educators in the Bay Area, across the country, and eventually around the world in order to help position The Tech as a leader in the education field. This includes launching an educator advisory group for The Tech
- With the Marketing and Sales team, develop and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy for The Tech’s educator audience
- Help create bookings of field trips, labs, and professional development offerings
- Write, edit, deploy and track the results of a biweekly email newsletter for educators
- Work closely with The Tech’s Learning team, using data, to ensure current offerings remain relevant to educators and to develop new offerings that respond to educator needs
- Work with members of the Development team to devise new fundraising strategies for programs based on the needs of educators
- Develop, deploy, analyze and adjust strategies for increasing educator awareness of and engagement with The Tech’s resources and programs, using multiple methods of communication, including email, social media, print collateral and events
- Serve as a key member of the group working to develop a sustainable business plan to expand the reach of The Tech’s professional development programs and educator resources to educators around the world. Execute marketing strategy in alignment with this business model
- Work with the Creative Services team to develop compelling digital and print collateral and to continuously improve the web pages detailing our educational offerings
- Assist other members of the Marketing, Sales and Media team with projects as needed
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- 5+ years of marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, education, and/or other related work experience
- Superior writing, editing, and storytelling skills, demonstrated in various formats (print, web, social media, video)
- Superior interpersonal communications skills and the ability to work with people and communicate ideas and concerns in a positive manner
- Experience successfully using social media and/or email database marketing
- The ability to develop and maintain relationships with educators from a variety of backgrounds who can serve as trusted advisers
- The ability to be a self-starter with a high sense of urgency
- The ability to work with limited supervision in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience in the education and/or nonprofit fields
- Passion for the mission of The Tech
Salary Range: $90,000 - $95,000
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA) at The Tech
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including but not limited to those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or nonconforming, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Tech will provide an equal opportunity in recruitment and employment to all individuals and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Any applicant with a disability may contact The Tech Interactive to arrange for accommodations. Please contact the Tech at email@example.com or call (408) 795 -6168.
Note that The Tech requires candidates to complete a background check prior to hire and to comply with its current COVID vaccination requirements. This includes initial series and first booster when eligible. The Tech follows all regulations regarding this policy and will evaluate all medical or religious accommodation requests.