Grady Health Foundation is seeking a Development Officer to manage a select portfolio of mid-level and major gift donors, helping to meet significant annual goals for the Grady Health Foundation. The focus of this position is to build relationships with individual donors and implement tailored strategies to close and retain gifts of $5,000 and above. This role will also participate in corporate engagement initiatives, including securing sponsorships and philanthropic gifts. The Development Officer will report to the Executive Director of Development and will collaborate with other members of the Foundation team to drive annual fundraising strategies that support the priorities of Grady Health System.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward qualified prospects and current donors, managing a portfolio of 150 – 175 select individual and corporate donor relationships.
• Meet or exceed annual individual giving revenue goals.
• Develop and execute tailored moves management strategies for assigned donors.
• Engage with donors through phone calls, video meetings, presentations and in person visits.
• Conduct and help coordinate donor activities, including tours, stewardship events and educational/outreach meetings.
• Promptly record all interactions and related donor activity into the Raiser’s Edge database and share relevant updates with team members.
• Develop compelling proposals, presentations and correspondence for prospective donors.
• Work with health system executives and clinical leaders to understand funding priorities and acquire information about projects and programs for which contributions will be sought.
• Conduct timely stewardship activities, including personalized thank you calls, letters and emails.
• Participate in regular goal development and strategy meetings with other team members to review donor activity, track fundraising metrics and assess progress toward annual goals.
• Engage board members, health system executives and clinical leaders as needed in donor cultivation and solicitation activities.
• Effectively communicate Grady’s role in the health of the community and the critical impact of philanthropic support.
• Work with the development operations team to create and update reports that accurately reflect portfolio activity and performance.
• Collaborate with other team members on the Foundation’s annual fundraising events, helping to engage and steward event participants.
• Other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• At least five years of front-line experience in fundraising with a focus on individual giving, corporate partnerships and portfolio management
• Proven record of cultivating, soliciting and stewarding prospects
• Experience using CRM/Database Management platform; Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge Preferred
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to engage and build meaningful relationships with a diverse array of individuals
• Ability to work independently to achieve individual goals, while being able to strategize and collaborate with team members to accomplish organizational goals
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Understanding of health care and health equity issues preferred
Grady Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
To apply: https://careers.gradyhealth.org/jobdetails/gmh_ext/22002406