Digital Communications Manager Job Description
As a key part of the digital and content team, the Digital Communications Manager will implement digital communications services at Change Consulting, providing cutting-edge expertise and leadership to the agency and to our clients. You will be our in-house digital content creator primarily for social media channels, with some support for email marketing, paid media and website development. You will be empowered to support our client partners to succeed in their policy, advocacy/organizing, culture-change and fundraising-related goals through the development and implementation of digital strategies.
This position requires a highly creative and proactive digital content creator who understands the rapidly changing world of digital communications and the power of digital storytelling to help our clients compete in the marketplace of ideas. The Digital Communications Manager is able to make sure that clients’ issues, solutions, and ideas are able to break through to key audiences on social media and other digital platforms. This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of client accounts, including developing ongoing calendars, creating original content and curating content, and being both proactive and reactive to take advantage of real-time opportunities.
As with the work of the entire agency, this work will be rooted in our values: belief in the power of changemakers, the courageous and creative people who believe a better world is possible; cherished, long-term relationships with our clients and communities; racial justice, and centering all our work on the liberation of Black people and people of color; love, and bringing our whole hearts to everything we do; focus on high impact and low ego and drama; holding ourselves and our clients in the light of possibility; and believing in a world where more connection and joy is possible.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Demonstrate racial and social justice issue area knowledge and understanding, in order to present breakthrough ideas and strategies relating to digital communications and marketing Working knowledge of SEO, as well as growth tracking, ROI, web-related data analysis, Google analytics, and other social media metrics and monitoring tools Develop at least one blog post quarterly to share learnings around stories and content through Change Consulting channels Design and lead Change Consulting team learning sessions Attend regular team meetings, providing input and feedback on business improvement
Manage Client Accounts:
- Provide day-to-day management of assigned clients, including managing meetings, providing agendas, and capturing and sharing report backs/notes Provide ongoing status and final reports on progress towards client goals internally and externally to clients Efficiently manage projects internally using Change Consulting tools such as Asana and project management dashboard; track billable hours in Harvest Help lead workshops on digital strategies, including designing the agenda and sharing with the client in advance, and facilitating breakout sessions Work with team members to deliver quality, integrated services and results for clients
Day-to-Day Digital Services for Clients:
- Manage and grow clients’ social media accounts through curated and original content, including memes, videos, posts, graphics, sliders and more Effectively use social media management content tools for scheduling and review Create social media toolkits and engaging content for clients for initiatives, announcements and launches Develop and implement digital events, such as Tweetchats, digital days of action, Instagram and Facebook live streaming, and other types of actions Track and report monthly on analytics to measure outcomes and output, and use analytics to make strategic recommendations toward advancing clients’ goals across their digital channels Participate in client discovery sessions, workshops, and trainings Work with Visual Communications Manager to prepare strategic and compelling graphics for client social media campaigns and ongoing posts on platforms like Canva and Adobe Photoshop Provide counsel for clients on social media platform usage, best practices and audit channels for content creation planning
Additional Digital Services for Clients:
- As needed, support digital/content team in creating audience-driven digital strategy for email, social and websites, digital profiles or contribute digital strategy for multi-channel communications plans While the majority of this position’s time will be spent on managing clients’ social media accounts, the position can also be called on to support other digital services such as:
- Implementing email marketing strategies to reach audiences, such as list building, optimization and best practices for newsletters
- Implementing paid digital strategies, such as SEO, remarketing, and social media ads
Overall Knowledge and Expertise:
- Strong commitment to racial justice and social justice
- Excellent written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and move both short and long-term projects, as well as manage relationships across organizations and teams
- Ability to stay plugged into what’s happening in racial and social justice, mass media, and popular culture
- Experience working with designers and visual content creation
- High level of flexibility and adaptability with timelines and diverse issue areas in a small team
- Frequently use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards
- Demonstrate sound judgment and present best ideas to clients
- Acts as a model of good citizenship
- Fun to work with, and doesn’t take themselves too seriously
Education and/or Experience:
- At least three years of relevant digital communications experience, including serving movement organizations, nonprofits, and foundations
- Proven results using communications to advance social good and racial justice, specifically across digital channels
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- This position reports to the Director of Digital and Content
- Salary begins at $75,000 and above depending on experience
- Benefits include health, dental, 401k, vacation and sick time, quarterly office-wide restorative breaks, monthly learning stipends, quarterly self-care stipends, and annual professional development stipends
- We are based in Oakland, California; however, this position can be remote for the right candidate
- Folks who are Black, Indigenous, people of color, queer, trans, non-binary, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or gender-based violence are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY
- Please send a cover letter, resume, three to four writing samples, and three professional references to email@example.com with the subject line: Digital Communications Manager and [your name].
About Change Consulting
Change Consulting is a Black-owned social change communications agency based in Oakland, California. For the past 14 years, we have worked in service of and in partnership with changemakers – visionaries at nonprofits, foundations and mission-driven entities – who are committed to making justice a reality. We have a particular focus on racial justice, including criminal justice reform, economic justice, youth empowerment, social determinants of health, equitable development, and civic engagement. Our clients bring the vision and subject matter expertise, and we provide the communications counsel, strategy, and hands-on implementation support to help move key audiences to action.
Our multi-racial team has backgrounds in philanthropy, media, social enterprise, publishing, politics, advocacy, public relations, and strategic communications. Our work is rooted in the movement for racial justice; everything we do is in commitment to ending systemic anti-Black racism and making just futures possible for Black communities and communities of color.
Current and former clients include: ACLU of Northern California, Akonadi Foundation, Black Organizing Project, Black Futures Lab and Black to the Future Action Fund, Essie Justice Group, Grantmakers for Girls of Color/Black Girl Freedom Fund, PowerSwitch Action, Stop AAPI Hate, The California Endowment, and more. More information about us can be found on our website: change-llc.com.
- Changemakers: Above all, Change Consulting exists for the courageous and creative people who believe a better world is possible and take action to bring that new world to life.
- Relationship: Everything is about relationship. We cherish our long-term relationships with our clients and communities. We strive to be a trusted thought partner, and to deliver and delight.
- Racial justice: All of our work is for the liberation of Black people and people of color because our collective liberation and well being depends on it.
- Love: We bring our values, beliefs and our whole hearts to everything we do. This work is personal, vital and affects our daily lives and the future of our communities.
- Joy: Holding our clients in the light of possibility, and striving to deliver and delight, brings us joy. We do what we do because of what we’re for not just to fight what we’re against. And we believe a world with more connection and joy is possible.