The Volunteer Manager oversees and manages the Furniture Bank Volunteer Program of approximately 1500 volunteers and 5,000 volunteer hours annually. The Furniture Bank has a small staff. Each staff person must be dependable, wiling to pitch in as needed, and have a sense of humor.
Job Duties include:
- Approach and schedule corporate volunteer groups, both on and off-site.
- Recruit, train and schedule all individual volunteers
- Educate volunteers (individuals and groups) by providing warehouse tours and sharing details about the Furniture Bank’s mission and needs.
- Lead volunteer furniture builds, both on and off site
- Manage billing for furniture builds
- Serve as on-site point of contact with individual volunteers
- Develop effective strategies for volunteer appreciation and retention
- Co-lead the Young Supporters Board
- Work with the Director of Warehouse and Facilities to maintain and prepare the volunteer area of warehouse
- Work with the Director of Community Engagement and Events and Executive Director to transition corporate volunteer groups into corporate sponsors
- Support the Director of Community Engagement and Events and Executive Director with the planning and execution of Race for Rest 5K and Chairish the Future