Historic Oakland Foundation (HOF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit founded in 1976 as the “friends of” group for Oakland Cemetery. Our mission is to partner with the City of Atlanta to preserve, restore, enhance, and share Oakland Cemetery with the public as an important resource and an island of tranquility in the heart of the city. Oakland Cemetery is a garden oasis, historical repository, cultural resource, leader in restoration, and a southern cultural entity. Learn more at: www.oaklandcemetery.com
HOF is accepting applications for the role of Development Coordinator. This position works with the Senior Director of Development to manage and expand HOF’s membership program and execute the annual development plan. Membership program management includes member acquisition and cultivation; program benefits benchmarking and evaluation; development of marketing collateral; and strategy development to ensure the program’s ongoing effectiveness and growth through engaging membership campaigns. Other development-related duties include grant writing, grant management, sponsorship solicitation and fulfillment, donor communications, and cultivation and recognition events.
Role and Accountabilities:
- Develop and execute an annual membership plan, with targeted strategies for acquisition, retention, and upgrades to expand current membership and meet annual budget;
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all HOF members;
- Coordinate regular outreach and renewal campaigns via direct mail, email, and phone;
- Develop enhanced member benefits, including special members-only programs and events;
- Record memberships and ensure member cards and benefits are distributed in an accurate and timely manner;
- Help set, implement, and evaluate strategies that grow HOF’s base of support;
- Coordinate production of and generate copy for all membership collateral materials;
- Oversee volunteers at membership tents during events.
- Coordinate donor mailings for fundraising campaigns and special events;
- Plan and execute donor cultivation and recognition events;
- Identify and research new government, corporate, foundation, and private funding prospects;
- Ensure timely reports, acknowledgments, proposals, and stewardship grants;
- Prepare and send donation acknowledgment letters;
- Work with Senior Director of Development to craft compelling letters of intent, grant proposals and donor reports;
- Track and collect quantitative and qualitative data on programs and activities;
- Produce reports and lists, as needed;
- Support the Senior Director of Development with prospect research and donor relations;
- Conduct all work through the lens of elevating diversity, equity, inclusion, and access (DEIA) and help guide the organization through a sustained period of organizational change whereby DEIA becomes the default lens through which all organizational attitudes and actions are conducted.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- A minimum of 2 years of working in development with a non-profit organization desired.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Customer service mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse group of professionals
- Ability to work within a complex institution with all levels of leadership, staff, volunteers, members, and donors
- Flexible, works well under pressure and deadlines
- Curious, motivated, and self-directed
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated improvement of administrative processes, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Must be available to work additional evening and weekend hours at special events and programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs–Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with database programs, especially Salesforce
- Experience with Square or other point-of-sale systems
- Familiarity with Mailchimp, Click & Pledge, and Eventbrite platforms
- Knowledge of Oakland’s history, events, etc.
Work from Home
HOF staff will be working remotely until 2024, so the person in this role must be able to work from home and be available for on-site meetings, as needed. Employees may occasionally lift boxes and equipment up to 15 pounds.
Interested applicants should email their letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or fax to HOF at 404-658-6092.
This position is full-time. Salary is $45,000-55,000 annualized, commensurate with experience.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time. Professional business references and a background check will be required for all final applicants selected for a position. In accepting a position, it is understood that continued employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. A satisfactory background check is the absence of a criminal record which bears a demonstrable relationship to the applicant/employee’s suitability to perform the required duties and responsibilities of the position.
Historic Oakland Foundation is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Historic Oakland Foundation is not currently accepting resumes from agencies for this position.