Love animals? Want to spend your day surrounded by wagging tails and soft purrs?
Humane Society Silicon Valley (HSSV), an independent, privately funded, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, has been serving people and pets in Silicon Valley for over 90 years. Having facilitated more than half a million animal adoptions, HSSV is leading the charge for animal welfare through community programs, creative marketing techniques, and effective homeless animal prevention strategies.
We are a passionate, high-performing team who believes that collaboration is key to our success. We do our best work by leveraging each other’s strengths and making sure to create opportunities for the work to be fun and meet our individual goals.
We take our mission seriously: To save and enhance lives – both two-legged and four legged! We envision a better world for animals and the people who love them, and we’re dedicated to making that vision a reality.
The Community Program Manager plays an exciting and crucial role in the organization: building and growing programs that keep families together. We are looking for a high-energy and passionate individual who believes that all families deserve to have pets and is committed to breaking down barriers that prevent caregivers from getting access to veterinary care and pet services. Knowing that families come in all shapes and sizes, our Community Programs Manager will seek out opportunities to build relationships with caregivers who perform TNR (Trap, Neuter Return), human service organizations and municipalities to understand access issues affecting our community and deliver programs that make meaningful and high-impact change.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement community-centric, needs-based programs that provide meaningful access to high quality pet care for caretakers who need it the most.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to create and manage scalable community- based programs such as targeted TNR, senior programs, emergency boarding, pet rental assistance, pet food pantry, mobile veterinary clinics, behavioral training programs etc.
- Build strong internal teams and deep relationships with community members to sustain and grow programs.
- Lead cross functional teams to deliver impactful programs.
- Develop internal protocols, training materials, and curriculum that focus on inclusion, equity and access.
- Act as a liaison within the community, identifying and building partnerships and collaborative projects.
- Ensure programs are developed and structured to deliver on planned outcomes and budgeted cost.
- Participate in publicity and awareness for community programs in collaboration with the Marketing team.
- Establish and track key performance indicators that support effective decision-making.
- Leverage project management applications such as Asana to organize program details.
- Evaluate programs and make data-driven improvements to current programs, expansion of existing programs, and creation of new programs to increase HSSV’s impact in animal welfare.
- Work with internal operations and medical teams to implement programs for ongoing management.
- Other job duties may be assigned as needed.
- Experience with program management and working in community programs; animal welfare industry a plus.
- Strong administrative and planning experience, including process development and evaluation.
- Results orientation and proven ability to deliver program objectives.
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as organization and time management skills. ▪ Ability to make decisions with the understanding of how those decisions can impact the larger organization.
- Demonstrated analytical acumen, problem-solving skills, good judgement, and ability to drive data based decision making.
- Previous success working collaboratively in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Equally comfortable with independent and team-based work. ▪ Ability to be adaptable and comfortable with change.
- Highly proficient with computer skills including Microsoft Office and project management applications such as Asana.
Work Days and Hours
Work schedule will typically be Sunday through Thursday based on program events.
Add "apps.bamboohr.com" to your email contact list so you make sure to receive emails from HSSV regarding your application.