The Warrior Alliance is seeking a Controller to work part-time in support of the accounting, financial management, and compliance requirements of our non-profit business operations. This includes supporting activities related to the budgeting process, general ledger administration, record keeping, business and grant expense management, and monthly financial statement reporting. The Controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk.
The Controller is also responsible for enhancing the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, nonprofit accounting compliance, and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
As we are a veteran services organization, our preferred candidate is either a military veteran, military retiree, or military spouse with a passion for supporting the men and women who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces.
The Controller will report directly to the President/CEO and will work closely with the staff leadership team as well as the volunteer TWA Board of Directors. The Controller will support TWA’s accounting, budgeting, grant management, payroll, and expanse administration. The position will encompass a Part-Time, flexible schedule of both at-office and work-from-home weekly scheduling.
PRIMARY ROLE AND DUTIES:
- Manage and administer all aspects of accounting including maintenance of accounting system. Responsible for all month-end close processes and deliver end-to-end consolidate reporting package.
- Cash flow control including billing, collection, payments to vendors and ongoing communication with banks.
- Prepare the annual budget of the company with the CEO and monitor the Budget vs. Actual monthly report. Responsible for revenue recognition accuracy and completeness on a monthly basis.
- Work with external auditors and advisors on the preparation of the consolidated financial statements, local reporting and tax filings.
- Create, analyze, and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting including compliance record keeping.
- Work closely with program staff on the development of grant and project budgets and donor financial reports.
- Manage and coordinate the annual audit and 990 processes; liaise with external auditors. Ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to, and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support programmatic and operational requirements.
- Manage and administer the organization’s payment process.
- Maintain all finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Embrace the mission and strategic priorities of The Warrior Alliance; uphold core values and operating principles.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS in Accounting or Finance. CPA required.
- The ideal candidate is a veteran or retired service member of the U. S. Armed Forces and has 7-10 years of experience providing high quality finance, accounting, payroll, and administrative support to a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
- A track record in grants management and administration. Knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A self-starter, with a hands-on approach to getting things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, confidentiality, and judgement.
- Team player with a positive attitude, proactive approach, customer-service mindset, and ability to motivate.