BOYS TO MEN MENTORING NETWORK – 501(c)(3)
Classification: Part-time, Hourly – Non-Exempt
Compensation: $23-$25 hours, based on experience
Benefits: One week of paid time off for mandatory office closure from Christmas Eve to New Year, mileage reimbursement, and professional development training.
Supervisor: Development Manager
If you are a Type-A go-getter who lives to organize a calendar and achieve inbox-zero, you might be a great fit for this position.
It would help if you also were willing to pick up the phone and call companies and our partners to make weird donations and filming requests. If hearing the word "no" makes your skin crawl, this position probably is not for you.
And last but not least, if you don't mind answering a text from us at odd times because we're all hands on deck until the job gets done, this job might be for you :)
We are searching for a dedicated Development Coordinator to assist our development team in creating and implementing strategies that ensure sustainability and organizational growth. Duties for the Development Coordinator will include preparing progress reports, drafting proposals, engaging with potential donors, tracking contributions, preparing and managing mailing lists, assisting with event planning, assisting with volunteer coordination, driving community empowerment initiatives, ensuring timely acknowledgment of contributions, managing social media activities and updates, and assembling media kits. The Development Coordinator should enhance the efficiency of administrative functions, sustain organizational growth, support fundraising efforts, maintain positive relations with donors, and ensure the integrity of development processes.
● Manage fundraising event communication and registration
● Process all donor thank you letters.
● Coordinate blog research, writing, and posting on the organization's website
● Responsible for implementing BTM messaging and engagement on a variety of social media and email
● Assist Development Manager with grant reporting
● Assist with fundraising event coordination and logistics
● Support Development Manager with various Development initiatives and special projects as needed
● Maintain and update donor database
● Support peer-to-peer recruitment and volunteer coordination as needed
● Manage all volunteer contractors
● Supervise interns as needed
● Assist in volunteer recruitment, training, and coordination for fundraising campaigns and events
● Submit a copy of received check donations to the accounting team for processing
● Maintain and update the BTM database
● Other duties as assigned
● A minimum of an Associate’s Degree is required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● 1-2 years of experience in communications/marketing preferred
● 1-2 years of professional fundraising experience preferred
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● A team player with strong listening and problem-solving skills
● Familiarity with a wide range of social media and email marketing platforms, including Facebook, Twitter,
Instagram, and Mailchimp
● Strong computer and data entry skills required (proficiency in MS Office, scheduling, e-mail software and
● Conscientious and willing to carry out responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational values,
goals, and mission
● A team player with strong listening and problem-solving skills — must have a positive, creative approach and be
imaginative, flexible, and resourceful.
● Honesty, Integrity, Commitment, and Enthusiasm in all work-related endeavors
If you think you’re the perfect person, send your cover letter and resume directly to Rose Courtney, Executive Director, at rose@boystomen[dot]org.
About Boys to Men Mentoring Network and our work environment. We are a high-demand in-school group mentoring program serving teenage boys from 12 – 17 years old in middle and high schools with additional independent chapters all over the U.S. Our San Diego location is where the Boys to Men Mentoring program originated under co-founders Craig McClain and Joe Sigurdson. We are a staff of 13 serving 33 schools, 500+ teenage boys with a community of 100+ volunteer mentors. The office is centralized in Spring Valley, CA, with a team of mission-passionate staff who are highly skilled and work collectively to deliver our mentoring services across San Diego county. We pride ourselves in the work we do and the community we serve. Once you join the Boys to Men team, you are part of the Boys to Men Family.