Our Mission: The Drake house provides a lifeline of supportive housing and enrichment programs for homeless mothers and their children in north metro Atlanta.
Our Vision: The Drake House will be an integral part of the community, facilitating financial security and housing stability.
The Intake Coordinator is a key member of The Drake House management team and is the initial point of contact for families in need, from application to residency at The Drake House. This position is responsible for the pre-screening, interviewing and assessment of families applying for residency. This position also maintains strong partnership relations with all referral sources and identifies/recruits/trains new referral partners to ensure strong and steady applicant pool to achieve capacity occupancy.
The Intake Coordinator interviews all qualified applicants to discern strengths and goals, to include housing as the #1 priority. In cases where families do not meet residency requirements, this position provides suggestions for alternative community assistance for families in need. The Intake Coordinator communicates with other staff throughout Drake House on new resident profiles and specific issues to be addressed.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide entry point for all applicants and callers in need.
- Respond to all requests for assistance within one business day
- Schedule interviews with applicants to discuss family situation and determine whether family qualifies and can be considered for Drake House residency.
- Recommends selection or denial of families for residency to Program Team and gives feedback to referral partner.
- Explains guidelines and contract to qualified families to ensure engagement in the program services.
- Regularly interact with referral sources to maintain and grow strong partnerships to ensure ongoing applicant pool.
- Makes referrals, as appropriate, for families or individuals unable to be considered for Drake House residency.
- Recruits, trains, and guides new referral partners to ensure consistency and efficiency of referral process.
- Monitors resident flow to minimize apartment vacancies while coordinating apartment readiness.
- Maintains database compliance (client tracking, state requirements, DCA, Salesforce, HMIS, PIT etc.) to track all applicants and resident data accuracy.
- Provide MSW intern field supervision and instruction, including intern selection and university compliance.
- Attends TDH Staff meetings, Program meetings, and events as requested
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Social Work with 5+ years’ experience working with indigent families
- Must display an enthusiastic passion for the Drake House mission
- Must be service-minded, demonstrate a genuine concern and empathy for the needs of others
- Must be knowledgeable on and dedicated to the challenges of homelessness
- Must have strong motivational interviewing skills that build rapport
- Must demonstrate advanced analytical and listening skills to properly assess strengths and challenges of applicants
- Must exhibit calm reasoning and communication skills that combine tact and diplomacy with adherence to program guidelines
- Must have expertise in identifying mental health symptoms.
- Strong writing skills, experience in creating bio psycho social summaries a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to quickly build trust relationships
- Ability to work both individually and on teams
- Self-starter with ability to organize, establish priorities, and manage multiple assignments
- Must display effective time management skills
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment and display flexibility and adaptability as priorities shift
- Must be an effective networker who can effective interact with community referral partners
- Ability to creatively seek process improvements Must have basic computer skills