The Chapter Director of Circles of West Georgia is responsible for leading and managing chapter activities in pursuit of the organization’s mission to inspire and equip families in our community to thrive and end poverty. This leadership role is focused primarily on working externally in the community to recruit, train, and develop volunteer teams that build capacity for the Circles Model. Circles of West Georgia is an independent 501(c)(3) organization and unique from other Circles Chapters due to its fiduciary responsibilities and the need to maintain nonprofit compliance. This position reports to the board of directors and is the point of contact for Circles USA.
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work or related field and a minimum of two years of experience with fundraising and accounting procedures, nonprofit management, and a successful background in proposal writing and donor relations. The candidate must be skilled in community organizing, volunteer management, and have a passion for inspiring families and communities to overcome poverty.
Ensure nonprofit compliance and accounting. Have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Possess strong organizational skills in managing complex task with autonomy. Maintain composure in situations of stress or conflict. Develop a supportive, empowering culture consistent with Circles values and goals. Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with Circle Leaders, Allies, Staff, Resource Team members and other volunteers. Ability to relate authentically and effectively with people from diverse backgrounds. Adopt a flexible schedule that accommodates the Circles Community. Perform the following duties:
- Assure proper planning including goal setting, strategy identification, benchmarking and evaluation to support the organization and its development.
- Along with the board of directors, develop and manage the organization’s budget.
- Respond to request for proposals, following all guidelines for timely and well written grant proposals, and initiate and serve as the key contact for fundraising activities.
- Research and expertise on poverty, statistics, and arising challenges and needs in the field.
- Evaluate the effect of internal and external forces on the organization and recommend plans to the board of directors.
- Ensure compliance with all grant obligations and successful submission of final reports.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the board of directors.
- Enter transactions into QuickBooks, ensure successful reconciliation of accounts, and reporting.
- Ensure timely payments of organization’s expenses.
- Process payroll and generate reports from ADP as needed.
- Work with accountant on arising needs creating and filing the organization’s 990.Ensure timely nonprofit registration with State of Georgia.
- Ongoing maintenance and content creation for website including domain registration
- Deliver engaging social media content and respond to requests and notifications.
- Complete State of Circles with programmatic updates monthly.
- Creation of professional external communications and updated brochures.
- Oversee data collection, reporting outcomes through both the USA data base and regularly scheduled calls to Circles, USA.
- Participate in Regional Community of Practice calls and fidelity calls with Circles, USA.
- Along with the Coach, provide stewardship and appreciation for all levels of monetary and volunteer support.
- Along with the Coach, create a process for seeking out partners and channels throughout the community to build a pipeline of qualified volunteers.
- Discuss recruitment needs regularly with Coach and plan strategy to recruit a base of 10 Circle Leaders and 20 Allies for each cohort with the goal of starting two cohorts each year.
- Ensure each Resource team has an active chair and receive bi-monthly updates.
- Along with the Coach, conduct interviews for potential candidates for each volunteer position.
- Create advertising and recruitment flyers to disseminate in the community.
- Help initiate/ assist Coach with program implementation, along with set-up/ take down for Tuesday night programs.
- Assist Coach with compilation of training materials and binders.
- Represent Circles of West Georgia at community events and speaking engagements.
- Work in tandem with Coach to initiate, create, and develop new ideas to inspire Circle Leaders/ Allies for successful completion of their 18-month journey.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.