Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) offers best-in-class, person-centered programs and resources to transform lives. Building on our 125-year history, we are here to help individuals and families of all faiths live to their full potential. Guided by Jewish values, we are a welcoming community, and our experienced professionals bring integrity and compassion to their work in the fields of aging and older adults, career counseling, dentistry, mental health, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and need-based support services. We serve thousands of individuals annually regardless of age, race, religion, national origin or ability to pay.
Working at JF&CS:
At JF&CS, we hold these values close to our heart: Commitment and integrity, compassion and respect, innovation and collaboration, professionalism, and responsiveness to diverse needs. Guided by Jewish values, and voted a Top Workplace for 2022 by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, we are a welcoming community of professionals passionate about making a difference in the community. For testimonials from staff on what it’s like being part of the JF&CS family, you can visit our Careers page.
- $17 - $21 / Hour
- Up to 20 days paid time off and holidays
- One Week Paid Winter Holiday Break
- Health, Vision, Dental and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Parental Leave
JF&CS is now seeking a Receptionist (Care Coordinator) for the Ben Massell Dental Clinic.
Purpose: The Receptionist (Care Coordinator) is responsible for all administrative aspects of the front reception area of the Ben Massell Dental Clinic.
- Must be knowledgeable of dental terminology
- Monitor scheduling of appointments for multiple dentists.
- Open office up in the morning.
- Ensure that the reception area is kept orderly.
- Answer all incoming phone calls and route them to the appropriate resource.
- Check voice mail system for any messages left after hours.
- Greet clients and visitors, creating a warm and welcome atmosphere.
- Provide and check completeness of application packages to all new and potential clients.
- Utilize nDental dental management information software.-we will provide training for this.
- Make phone call reminders to clients regarding their appointments
- Collect suggested donations.
- Advise clients of policies and procedures as necessary and appropriate.
- File management (digital and paper-based)
- other administrative duties as assigned.
- Spanish speaking is preferred.
- Language Skills: Spanish speaking is preferred. Ability to speak clearly, concisely and effectively. Ability to listen and understand the information and ideas as presented verbally. Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely in writing and to read and understand information in writing. Ability to work in a fast paced, busy environment, working with a large number of clients.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and accounting.
- Computer Skills: Ability to use dental client management information system.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to make a decision or solve a problem by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives and provide quality solutions.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Must be computer literate. Must be proficient with software packages such as MS Word, Excel, Windows 98, Access, MS Mail and PowerPoint. Must be detail oriented. Must be able to work with or contribute to a work group or team to complete an assigned task. Must present in a professional manner utilizing appropriate communication, dress and appearance. Must be able to plan, organize and prioritize time and workload in order to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines. Must be able to deal with people in a manner that shows patience, sensitivity, tact and professionalism. Language Skills: Ability to speak clearly, concisely and effectively. Ability to listen and understand the information and ideas as presented verbally. Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely in writing and to read and understand information in writing
Education and/or Experience:
- 1 year prior experience working as a front desk receptionist in a dental office. High School Diploma or equivalent
How to Apply?
To apply, please follow this link to locate the full job description and application: Jobs @ JF&CS
COVID -19 VACCINE MANDATE:
Where permitted by applicable law, the applicant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire to be considered for employment. The booster requirement must be met 30 days after you become eligible, and proof of booster must be provided to Human Resources. JF&CS is an EEO employer and will engage in interactive dialogue regarding any accommodation requested based on medical or religious considerations.