Corporate Partnerships & Communications Manager
Feeding Georgia is a nonprofit organization comprised of seven regional Feeding America affiliate food banks that work with more than 2,000 partner agencies - collectively distributing millions of pounds of food each week throughout Georgia to hundreds of thousands of individuals seeking food assistance. At Feeding Georgia, we assist the food banks in their work by collaborating on strategic issues, advocating and educating on their behalf, and coordinating statewide efforts to help to secure more nutritious food & funds. Together, we lead a statewide effort to end hunger in Georgia.
Feeding Georgia’s Corporate Partnerships & Communications Manager oversees corporate and industry-based digital giving programs and special events that currently generate more than $1,000,000 statewide for the food banks each year. This role manages the work of the organization’s part-time Social Media & Communications Coordinator, and works alongside them to develop communications strategies that support Feeding Georgia’s programs. This role also provides grant support to Feeding Georgia’s Executive Director.
This role requires a highly strategic communicator who is enthusiastic about meeting new people, pays attention to detail, and has a zeal for cultivating relationships and a heart for hunger relief work.
While this position is based in an office setting, there is flexibility for some telecommuting 2 days per week.
The individual in this position has the opportunity to travel across the state to meet with high-level strategic partners and food bank staff and to attend meetings and conferences. Feeding Georgia is a small but mighty team, and the individual in this position must be highly self-directed and excited about wearing many hats as new projects and opportunities arise. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and works with support from the Director of Strategic Initiatives, Social Media & Communications Coordinator, and Executive Assistant.
The primary responsibilities of the Corporate Partnerships and Communications Manager include:
- Lead and grow statewide industry-focused fundraising competitions that engage corporate entities in two-week online peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns; currently including:
Maintain and build relationships with statewide partners and food bank members for each campaign Develop communications strategy and oversee the creation of all communications for the promotion of these campaigns; including emails and letters on the behalf of statewide partners, press releases, social media content, website content, donor recognition, etc. Assist the food banks to develop regional strategies to promote and grow charitable giving in their region throughout each campaign. Create resources and research best practices for the food banks to promote the campaigns locally including prospect lists, correspondence drafts, and work with the Social Media & Communications Coordinator to oversee the creation of social media graphics, flyers, etc.
- Georgia Legal Food Frenzy (legal industry) in partnership with the Office of the Attorney General and the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar Georgia Accounting Food Fight (accounting industry) with the Georgia Society of CPAs
- Plan statewide kick-off events and volunteer opportunities for each campaign Manage and analyze all fundraising data and records for the campaigns
- Manage the organization and its member food banks’ accounts on Classy, a digital fundraising platform that our member food banks have access to year-round.
- Develop and build digital peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns for each industry competition; including content, branding, and design Innovate the competitions utilizing Classy to increase donor engagement Create informational materials that will help the ease of use of Classy for both donors and food bank staff Coordinate with the organization’s Classy Account Team to empower the food banks to leverage this tool for their overall online fundraising strategy outside of the statewide campaigns by providing best-practice training, resources for crowdfunding and peer-to-peer campaigns, and special events. Utilize Classy for Feeding Georgia’s fundraising needs as appropriate (e.g. in the case of statewide disaster, special events)
- Manage the planning and execution of the Wild Hog Supper, Feeding Georgia’s signature annual fundraising event that kicks off the Georgia legislative session and celebrate the partnership between food banks and the agricultural community:
- Work with venue managers to plan and implement all logistics of the event Secure and renew sponsorships for the event from strategic partners Develop a communications strategy to promote the event, including the development of branding and collateral Manage and promote ticket sales to the Georgia General Assembly, constituents, community leaders, and the general public
- Support the planning and execution of Feeding Georgia’s annual Day at the State Capitol:
- Support the messaging strategy and collateral for the Day at the Capitol Manage the logistics of the Day, including working with legislative sponsors to deliver informational materials to members of the General Assembly. Plan and implement a lunch meeting with corporate partners in collaboration with the Georgia Department of Agriculture
- Support Feeding Georgia’s overall communication strategies:
- Oversee the Social Media & Communications Coordinator in regularly updates the Feeding Georgia website and campaign-specific websites Develop monthly social media strategy to be executed by the Social Media & Communications Coordinator Manage the organization’s MailChimp and HootSuite accounts. Support communications/grantwriting projects working with the Executive Director
- Support other functions as needed as new projects, grants, or opportunities arise.
Preferred studies: Communications, Marketing, Business, Social Sciences.
- At least two years of nonprofit fundraising experience, sales, and/or community outreach Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills with experience drafting fundraising solicitations, press releases, and other professional communications Solid relationship-building skills, able to comfortably interface with C-level executives and support staff Must understand the needs and interests of corporate donors and association partners in order to develop relationships and partnerships between them and Feeding Georgia. This position requires experience with:
- Classy or similar peer-to-peer/crowdfunding fundraising platforms Mailchimp or similar CRM tool Social media platforms and scheduling tools for event and campaign promotion Proficiency with Excel or Google Sheets to analyze and manage campaign data Wordpress, Beaver Builder, or similar website builder AP writing style Proficiency with full Microsoft Suite: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
This position works in a typical office setting and has telecommuting flexibility. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing, and/or bending; listening, talking, and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. This position would normally have routine opportunities to alter the physical position or change eye focus. Lifting should not normally exceed 10 pounds; however, lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs will be required when conducting off-site information fairs. There may be periods of standing and talking for 1-3 hours at a time. Local travel will be required on a consistent basis during certain periods of the year; Statewide travel will be required periodically; must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
Must be located within driving distance to the metropolitan Atlanta area.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000 commensurate with experience with performance bonus opportunity. Employer-paid healthcare plan that includes health, vision and dental for the employee. Family members can be added to the plan at the employee’s expense. 15 days vacation, 10 days sick leave plus holidays each year. imple IRA with 3% company match
Please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.