Georgia Legal Services Program (GLSP), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit law firm providing civil legal services to individuals with low incomes and eligible seniors throughout the state, has an immediate opening for a Communications Specialist to support our internal and external communications and outreach efforts.
About the Position:
We seek a dynamic Communications Specialist who is excited about the opportunity to use their skills to elevate GLSP’s visibility and serve our clients by crafting and distributing communications about the organization, our mission, and our programs and services. The Communications Specialist will implement a broad array of communications activities, including content creation for social media and email, writing and editing for printed and electronic materials, and website maintenance. The Specialist will also support strategic communications planning and media and/or external relations, and may contribute to internal and external projects.
This position is supervised by the Director of Development and Communications, and supports all of GLSP’s service units and 9 Regional Offices throughout the state. The ideal candidate possesses excellent writing, organizational, and time management skills. They are a creative, detail-oriented team player, with the ability to manage multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
· In collaboration with Director of Development and Communications
o Develop, design, layout, and publish content for emails, newsletters, flyers, brochures, newsletters, infographics, and other electronic and printed materials.
Create and publish social media content.
o Develop creative briefs and project plans for marketing and communications opportunities including educational, advocacy, and fundraising campaigns.
· Work with partners in GLSP units and Regional Offices to identify content creation needs and suggest plans for developing effective tools and materials.
· Contribute to the development and upkeep of calendars for internal and external communications, outreach, and engagement.
· Identify and track communications and marketing opportunities such as upcoming advocacy days, breaking news, policy changes, and other external events relevant to GLSP’s mission and goals.
· Write, proofread, edit, and repurpose creative content across different mediums.
· Provide general oversight of Georgia Legal Services Program’s website entities, with updates and maintenance as needed.
· Support clinics and special events for both fundraising and programs as needed.
Not sure if you meet all the qualifications below? That is okay; if you are excited by this position, we encourage you to apply anyway!
· 2+ years of relevant communications work experience covering the range of responsibilities listed above.
· Strong writing and editing skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to successfully manage several projects simultaneously.
· Knowledge of and experience with email marketing software (i.e., MailChimp).
· Knowledge of social media best practices for business (across Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter) and familiarity with using social media management tools like Publer.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and basic Adobe applications.
· Proficiency in online design tools such as Canva, Venngage, etc.
· Experience tracking website and/or social media analytics and reporting trends.
· Experience with WordPress or similar website content management systems.
· A commitment to professional ethics and the ability to work individually and in a team environment.
· Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends as needed to support special events.
This is a 35 hour per week position with a starting salary range of $40,000 - $45,000 and a generous benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan benefits, and paid leave. There is the potential for hybrid work following the completion of a 3-month probationary period. GLSP requires that all employees comply with our COVID-19 Vaccine Policy.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to https://www.glsp.org/join-the-team/.
GLSP is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Georgia Legal Services Program not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, medical condition, national origin, disability, marital or other protected status. GLSP values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and people who have experienced poverty or homelessness to apply. GLSP invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.