Development Coordinator, Events & Initiatives
CURE Childhood Cancer seeks an experienced individual to serve as the Development Coordinator, Events & Initiatives. The successful candidate will join a well-respected and collegial team and will contribute to the mission of the organization, which is to conquer childhood cancer through funding targeted research while supporting patients and their families.
Reporting to the Development Manager, Events & Initiatives, the Development Coordinator, Events & Initiatives is primarily responsible for third-party fundraisers, event volunteers and providing support to the Development Manager, Events & Initiatives for Lauren’s Run & Picnic and Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (September) programs, as well as providing broad support for CURE’s signature events.
- Provide overall event support to the Development Manager, Events & Initiatives, including extensive administrative tasks.
- Under the guidance of the Development Manager, Events & Initiatives, perform all day-to-day functions of CURE’s third-party program. Functions include, but are not limited to, reviewing all incoming third-party agreements and inquiries, providing year-round donor cultivation and stewardship, attending events and/or check presentations, conducting pre/post-event donor touch points, and preparing and mailing materials and resources.
- Reply to all phone/email inquiries from the community about third-party fundraising opportunities.
- Provide support for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month programs, including CURE’s Kids, September Community Partners, Coins4CURE and the September Flag program. Support includes but not limited to, donor prospecting, recruitment and stewardship, as well as fulfilling September materials mailings and attending events and/or check presentations, as needed.
- Oversee volunteer management for all signature events – Believe Ball, A Tribute to Our Quiet Heroes, Laurens Run & Picnic, Cocktails & CURE - including recruitment, event-day training, engagement and stewardship.
- Assist Development Manager, Events & Initiatives with Lauren’s Run & Picnic event needs, including but not limited to, participant outreach, guest management, peer-to-peer fundraising support, donor stewardship and logistical support.
- Secure in-kind support for the Picnic at Lauren’s Run & Picnic, including food vendors, event entertainment and beverage donations.
- Oversee management and organization of the tribute sign program for Lauren’s Run & Picnic.
- Provide support, as needed, for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month programs, including CURE’s Kids, September Community Partners, Coins4CURE and the September Flag program.
- Perform all other job-related responsibilities and duties as required by the Board of Directors, CEO, Senior Development Director, Events & Initiatives and/or Development Manager, Events & Initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in development and revenue-generating special events.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines effectively.
- Superior organizational skills and strict attention to detail are a must.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and apply sound judgment when dealing with committees, donors and volunteers.
- Willingness to take initiative and awareness of when to consult a supervisor for direction.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising principles and practices.
- Good communication skills and a collaborative work ethic.
- A strong belief in the organization's mission, goals and accomplishments.
- Ability to represent CURE Childhood Cancer in a mature and professional manner.
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment and maintain flexibility; willingness to quickly adapt to change.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, a positive sense of humor and a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to travel through the expanded Atlanta metropolitan area and provide reliable transportation.
**Please submit resume and cover letter (required) to events@curechildhoodcancer[dot]org. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.