Development Administrator, Events
CURE Childhood Cancer seeks an experienced individual to serve as the Development Administrator, Events. The successful candidate will join a well-respected and collegial team and will contribute to the mission of the organization, which is to conquer childhood cancer through funding targeted research while supporting patients and their families.
Reporting to the Senior Development Director, Events & Initiatives, the Development Administrator, Events is primarily responsible for the timely and accurate reporting for CURE’s signature events and third-party fundraisers and providing broad support for CURE’s signature events and Events Team.
- Assume primary responsibility for reporting needs relevant to events and initiatives, including but not limited to generating queries, pre/post-event reporting, analysis of data and mailing list generation and clean up.
- Provide overall event support to the Senior Development Director, Events & Initiatives and the Development Manager, Events & Initiatives, including extensive administrative tasks.
- Prepare and update event status reports and revenue trackers.
- Generate timely event-related reports as needed for the Senior Development Director, Events & Initiatives, CEO, Board of Directors and Events Team.
- Prepare event invoices and collect unpaid balances.
- Provide support for the Event Committee, assisting Senior Development Director, Events & Initiatives with committee needs and meeting support.
- Support Senior Development Director, Events & Initiatives and Development Manager, Events & Initiatives with donor stewardship, including handwritten thank you cards, and importing actions into Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist Senior Development Director, Events & Initiatives with Quiet Heroes event needs, including but not limited to preparation and maintenance of invite list, soliciting donors for Mom’s Bags and communicating with guests to obtain relevant information.
- Assist with guest management for Cocktails & CURE, as needed, and provide on-site support for all signature events – Believe Ball, A Tribute to Our Quiet Heroes, Lauren’s Run & Picnic and Cocktails & CURE.
- Perform all other job-related responsibilities and duties as required by Board of Directors, CEO, Senior Development Director, Events & Initiatives and Development Manager, Events & Initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in development and revenue-generating special events.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, required.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines effectively.
- Superior organizational skills and strict attention to detail are a must.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and apply sound judgment when dealing with committees, donors and volunteers.
- Willingness to take initiative and awareness of when to consult a supervisor for direction.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising principles and practices.
- Good communication skills and a collaborative work ethic.
- A strong belief in the organization's mission, goals and accomplishments.
- Ability to represent CURE Childhood Cancer in a mature and professional manner.
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment and maintain flexibility; willingness to quickly adapt to change.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, a positive sense of humor and a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to travel through the expanded Atlanta metropolitan area and provide reliable transportation.
**Please submit resume and cover letter (required) to events@curechildhoodcancer[dot]org. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.