The Georgia Legal Services Program (GLSP), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit civil law firm, seeks a full time Advanced Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will be highly organized, able to work independently and as part of a team, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and have a passion for serving low-income Georgians. He/she must have extensive experience with Microsoft Office, working proficiently in Word, Outlook, and Excel.
· Capable of composing complex letters as well as drafting routine documents from available forms;
· Provide support to staff with typing assistance;
· Maintain an advanced skill level in the use of computers in his/her office as upgrades are installed;
· Train or assist others in the use of the most computer programs/equipment in his/her office and legal requirements.
· Additional duties as needed include:
o greeting clients and visitors to the office
o preparing and processing documents
o file maintenance
o duplication of materials
o mail processing
o completing other administrative tasks.
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Excellent computer skills and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office programs
· Must pass a battery of core competency tests (typing accuracy and speed, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and proofreading)
· Type 55 net wpm
· Knowledgeable of the required legal typing format and with minimal instructions demonstrates the ability to produce such documents with accuracy for all forums in which produce practice.
· Proficient in the operation of computer equipment and programs that are in use by his/her office; maintains that proficiency as computers are changes and upgraded; is able to assist in troubleshooting computer problems; possesses the ability to organize, store, sort and retrieve information; and demonstrates the ability to operate and manipulate all functions of all equipment utilized by the office.
· Attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Experience working in a law firm or nonprofit organization preferred
· Ability to innovate and improve existing programs
· High School Graduate; some college or relevant work experience preferred
· Vehicle and valid driver’s license required for business-related travel
· Ability to speak Spanish is preferred, but not a requirement
This is a 35 hour per week position with a starting pay of $14.56 per hour, some experience credit may be available. GLSP offers excellent fringe benefits including health insurance, retirement plan benefits, and paid leave. A resume, cover letter, and writing sample should be submitted to https://www.glsp.org/join-the-team/.
GLSP requires that all employees comply with our COVID – 19 Vaccine Policy.
GLSP is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Georgia Legal Services Program not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, medical condition, national origin, disability, marital or other protected status. GLSP values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and people who have experienced poverty or homelessness to apply. GLSP invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.