Junior Accountant - Job Description
The 410 Bridge serves the people of Kenya, Haiti, and Guatemala through partnerships with US churches and organizations. Our model of Christ-centered, community development is centered on working with not for local indigenous leaders in rural communities to help them access their community’s strengths and needs. Together we create sustainable solutions against the war on poverty. The 410 Bridge is a nonprofit Christian organization located in Alpharetta, Georgia.
Reporting to the Controller, the Junior Accountant will be responsible for the ownership of accounts receivable and accounts payable, communicate with external & internal customers regarding vendor and donor related inquiries as related to invoices submitted and donations received. All positions within the Accounting & Finance department maintain stakeholder confidence and protect operations by keeping all financial matters strictly confidential. Each employee of the organization strives for a Christ-like attitude and shares the responsibility of maintaining & promoting a positive, productive, and supportive culture. This position will begin working no more than 30 hours per week with the ability to work more hours as the workload increases.
This role plays a major part in the accounting department in the following areas of responsibilities:
- Perform accounting functions in compliance with GAAP & FASB.
- Maintain compliance with internal processes, policies, and controls.
- Maintain the accounting system by updating the Chart of Accounts and Class structure.
- Complete monthly program reconciliations between the US and funded countries.
- Record deposits and all A/R transactions which require the importing of data into software.
- Prepare and send annual donor statements.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations & manage weekly bank account balances & transfers.
- Maintain & reconcile petty cash.
- Complete necessary schedules and gather supporting documentation for the annual audit.
- Identify and report improvement and simplification of accounting processes to the Controller.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports & other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience in related field specifically in A/P and A/R.
- Experience in QuickBooks and online payment processing platforms.
- Microsoft excel knowledge and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented and deadline driven.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com