Position: Senior Center Assistant Part-Time Entry Level Position
Position Overview: Senior Services North Fulton, Inc. is a non-profit agency whose mission is to provide services and support for seniors to enhance their quality of life & independence in our community. One of our largest programs is our Senior Centers, where independent seniors visit during the day to socialize, have lunch and participate in classes in such areas as art, exercise, health education, etc. at no cost to themselves and then go home.
The Senior Center Assistant is an entry-level position that works closely with the Senior Center Manager to oversee the operations of the senior center, including, but not limited to: interacting daily with senior participants, working in and cleaning up the kitchen area & serving congregate meals, answering phones, performing data entry for daily and monthly reports, and assisting the Center Manager with creating and running activities and field trips. The main responsibility of this position is to ensure the safety and enjoyment of the seniors that come to the center.
The part-time hours would be every day Monday – Friday from 8 am - 1pm or 8:30 am – 1:30 pm approximately. Additional hours may be requested when Center Manager on vacation, etc.
1. Have a clear understanding and ability to communicate the services offered by the organization and the eligibility to attend one of SSNF’s senior centers.
2. Heat and serve congregate meals. Responsible for receiving the meals, serving, and clean-up at the end of the day.
3. Assist the Center Manager with activities/programming, so calling Bingo, introducing a speaker, running an activity, etc.
4. Go on field trips with participants.
5. Greet participants and answer phones.
6. Conduct tours of the facility for potential participants.
7. Assist with light clerical work and data input.
8. Other duties related to the daily operation of the Senior Center, as directed by the Senior Center Manager.
9. Assist with meal delivery or getting needed supplies.
10. Be familiar with the goals and policies of Senior Services North Fulton, Inc, and work within the goals, policies, and regulations of the agency, county, and state.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Previous work experience with diverse groups of people, including older adults
- Previous experience in a multi-task work environment
- Previous experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required for the full-time position, preferred for the part-time position
- Passion/heart for working with older adults
- Good interpersonal and computer skills
- Ability to face challenges and be flexible
- An understanding of senior issues; ability to competently meet their needs
- Good physical condition: able to lift up to 15 pounds
- Must be a team player
- ServeSafe Certification, or the ability to pass the exam provided
- First Aid and CPR certification, will be provided
- Must pass a background check which includes a fingerprint scan
- Must pass Drug Test
- Driver's License and reliable transportation, preferred
Thank you for your interest. Please submit a resume or e-mail with a letter of interest to tmorris@ssnorthfulton[dot]org. Only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.