Job Title: Operations Manager – Residential Programs
Reports To: Director, Residential Program
Division: Residential Programs
Location: Tucker, GA
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Operations Manager is employed by and is directly responsible to the Director of Residential Programs. The Operations Manager is a vital part of the Residential Programs team. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring quality and compliance of operational functions. He/she promotes a positive work environment and culture of excellence, accountability, and learning. He/she works in partnership with DFCS and community providers and is an expert on policy and procedure. He/she is available to support staff in managing crises, and supports transitional support staff to ensure safety, permanency, and well-being for young adults in foster care. The Operations Manager demonstrates commitment to our mission and vision.
The ideal candidate for the Operations Manager is service driven, a natural self-starter, and has high attention to detail. He/she is well-organized and skilled in system and process efficacy and improvement.
- In conjunction with Director of Residential Programs, hire and train new Transition Specialists (TS)
- Oversee onboarding and training of new transitional support worker staff
- Incorporate trauma-sensitive approaches and coach staff to maintain a trauma focus
- Complete performance evaluations at required intervals for Transition Support Team
- Ensure weekly TSW schedule is completed, and shifts are filled
- Manage on-call schedule, and participate in the on-call rotation
- Be a positive factor in public relations by representing the organization well with visitors and people from the community
- Review and approve Family Housing applicants in conjunction with the Family Housing Case Manager, and support the admissions process
- Communicate available vacancies in TLP and ILP to the Placement Specialist weekly
- In collaboration with the Placement Specialist, coordinate and facilitate placements into TLP/ILP programs
- Manage the extendedReach client case management system for residential programs
- Enter new employees
- Create records for new clients
- Discharge client records
- Implement ongoing improvements to the system to support workflow efficiencies across the program.
- Maintain a record review system and notify other staff members of compliance records and due dates
- Conduct regularly scheduled compliance checks in GA Score and GA Shines websites.
- Implement knowledge of licensing rules, accreditation standards, HUD regulations, and DFCS contract obligations
- Coordinate the Peer Record Review Process, in accordance with accreditation standards
- Maintain records to ensure the programs are meeting the Performance Based Measurements
- Revise program policy, handbooks, and procedures as state standards and policy change
- Coordinate and facilitate safety, quality and compliance reviews with state agencies and accreditation organizations and provide requested data
- Provide accurate and timely quality assurance reports as required and requested
- Oversee the compliance of physical sites of residences by completing inspections and ensuring facilities related items are resolved
- Oversee household furnishings and distribution procedures for residential programs
- Ensure unit turnovers are completed timely in anticipation of new admissions
- Demonstrate Wellroot mission-driven values of integrity, excellence and inclusion, and integrate into work environment and ways of work
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, psychology, childhood education, education counseling and psychology, or other human service or behavioral science field, with a minimum of two years of casework experience
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Possess excellent assessment skills and sound judgment
- Own, drive, and maintain an automobile in good working condition, receiving a reimbursement for agency business mileage
- Understand that this job will require some evening and weekend hours of employment, and some after-hour on call responsibilities.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office (outlook, word, excel, power point)
- Be highly organized and detailed oriented
- Be a quick learner
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Possess good communication and writing skills
- Understand and practice the use of appropriate confidentiality
This position is located out of our office in Tucker, Georgia and works both at our office and our physical residential site in Decatur. Occasional remote work is permitted. Work is conducted in an office setting as well as in the field. Fast-paced, working environment with vulnerable clients. The ability to maintain a flexible work schedule which will include evenings and weekends is required. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Usually sits in front of the computer 50% of the time.