UNITED WAY OF THE CENTRAL SAVANNAH RIVER AREA
JOB TITLE: Resource Development Manager
POSITION CODE: 212
DIVISION: Resource Development Department
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Resource Development
CUSTOMER: Donors, Prospects, United Way Staff, Board of Directors, Committee Members, Agency Partners, Recipients, and Community at large.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Resource Development Manager will build and strengthen relationships with a number of developed and new potential companies. This position will build and grow relationships with decision-makers and C-Suite leaders to raise funds as a part of the United Way of the Central Savannah River Area (UWCSRA) development team. This position will also develop, manage, and execute a comprehensive plan to build strategic year-round relationships that align with the mission, vision and values of UWCSRA and generate resources for our community. In addition, this position will be responsible for articulating the value of individual and corporate investment to United Way. This role will also be responsible for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of all current and potential donors within their portfolio including leadership donors and prospects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and execute a collaborative year round engagement plan within a defined portfolio
- Strategize with supervisor, peers, staff, or volunteers to develop strong year-round engagement strategies for each account based on targeted research and corporate social responsibility (CSR) focus at each company
- Research and apply for potential grant and foundation funding
- Manage account portfolio focused on raising resources and exceeding goals
- Work closely with key volunteers and executives within accounts to plan & implement workplace campaigns and implement year-round engagement strategies in portfolio
- Research company and leadership for knowledge of history and culture
- Prepare clear and concise objectives and materials for each donor visit
- Initiate and cultivate relationships for decision-makers and C-Suite leaders
- Engage companies year round through creation and implementation of specific strategies that align with company corporate social responsibility
- Create a donor engagement strategy targeted at returning, new, lapsing, and lapsed donors
- Personally engage with leadership level donors to increase their participation and retention
- Solicit and secure corporate gifts within portfolio
- Implement donor stewardship activities to increase participation and retention
Data and Reporting
- Update company and individual donor information in campaign CRM software including, but not limited to, corporate contact(s), employee count, UWCSRA engagement, company results processing information, engagement practices, campaign start/end dates
- Work closely with Resource Development & Finance team to ensure results are reflected accurately.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Demonstrate experience cultivating, soliciting and securing gifts
- Proven ability to create and execute successful plans
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross-function team
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Ability to demonstrate the value of United Way with both written and in-person presentation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and effective follow-through to meet deadlines
- Candidate must be goal driven
- Sound judgement, discretion and commitment to maintaining donor confidentiality
- Commitment to excellence, accountability, transparency, and UWCSRA’s mission
- Relationship oriented and results driven
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills with an emphasis on Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to create meaningful relationships with all team members and individuals outside the organization
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and flexibility
- Ability to manage ambiguity and change
- Ability to analyze numbers for discovery and planning purposes
- Ability to keep CRM records up to date
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed.
- Use of personal vehicle required
- 3+ years fundraising or sales experience with excellent communication skills
- Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree a plus
- Volunteer management and/or grant writing experience a plus
Salary Range - $39,000 - $43,000
- Employee pays $40/pay period for single coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 11 paid holidays and 4 weeks accrued PTO annually
- $30 remote supplement