Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) offers best-in-class, person-centered programs and resources to transform lives. Building on our 125-year history, we are here to help individuals and families of all faiths live to their full potential. Guided by Jewish values, we are a welcoming community, and our experienced professionals bring integrity and compassion to their work in the fields of aging and older adults, career counseling, dentistry, mental health, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and need-based support services. We serve thousands of individuals annually regardless of age, race, religion, national origin or ability to pay.
Working at JF&CS:
At JF&CS, we hold these values close to our heart: Commitment and integrity, compassion and respect, innovation and collaboration, professionalism, and responsiveness to diverse needs. Guided by Jewish values, and voted a Top Workplace for 2022 by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, we are a welcoming community of professionals passionate about making a difference in the community. For testimonials from staff on what it’s like being part of the JF&CS family, you can visit our Careers page.
JF&CS is now seeking a Part Time Medical Assistant for Medication Management.
To assist in the operations of the consulting physician and ensure the efficiency of the operations of this element of JF&CS clinical practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Coordinate and manage scheduling of Patients for Dr. Schub
- Maintain schedule of client appointments for consulting physician(s) Coordinate scheduling with clients in a manner reflective of the appointment availability, duration, and type for the client Oversee submission of paperwork by new clients in sufficient time to ensure its availability and utility
Prepare patients for examinations
- Show clients into consulting physician’s office for their appointments Answer any questions that clients may have Conduct required measurements (weight, height….) Mark EMR accordingly Escort client to and from appointments with Dr. Schub
Manage the paperwork aspects of the intake process for
- Coordinate scheduling initial appointment Send out all needed paperwork to new clients in a timely manner Work with new clients to establish fee(s) for service provided to them Manage paperwork/documentation with insurance providers and pharmacies (pre-authorization, refill requests…..) to ensure easy and timely ordering of prescriptions
Manage the client side of processing of automated/computerized testing offered by consulting physician(s) to clients
- Prepare equipment (pre and posttest) used in testing of clients offered at the clinic Engage in activities required to facilitate submission of tests and scoring of tests to appropriate areas Take steps to ensure physician(s) have access to testing results in a timely manner
Assist consulting physician(s) with pre and post appointment processing of paperwork
- Complete and add all information into the EMR as instructed Coordinate with clients to ensure timely and complete submission of paperwork prior to appointment Work with pharmacies and insurance companies regarding medication authorization Assist with billing tasks as needed Assist in updating client files with appropriate forms and information
Assist consulting physician with utilization of the EMR
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduate of a ABHES or CAHEEP accredited medical assisting program Comfortable working with basic Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel) Familiarity with working with electronic medical records systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of a ABHES or CAHEEP accredited medical assisting program
COVID-19 VACCINATION MANDATE:
Where permitted by applicable law, the applicant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire to be considered for employment. The booster requirement must be met 30 days after you become eligible, and proof of booster must be provided to Human Resources. JF&CS is an EEO employer and will engage in interactive dialogue regarding any accommodation requested based on medical or religious considerations.
How to Apply?
To apply, please follow this link to locate the full job description and application: Jobs @ JF&CS