The Jesuit Retreat Center of Los Altos believes that “Retreats Change Lives.” JRC has offered the opportunity for people to break away from the rush of their daily lives to experience quiet times of prayer since 1925.
The Jesuit Retreat Center of Los Altos, a community of prayer, offers the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola to all. Through our sharing of the Exercises, rooted in the Word of God and in the Catholic tradition, the Spirit frees minds and hearts to mature in friendship with Christ, to find God in every aspect of experience, and to live Gospel values.
Retreats and Facilities
The Jesuit Retreat Center of Los Altos is the only Jesuit retreat center west of the Rockies and is the largest Catholic center of its type in the western half of the United States. We fulfill our mission by providing numerous retreats, workshops, training programs, and individual direction to thousands of individuals who come to the Retreat Center each year.
The Retreat Center is planning a capital campaign and a new legacy society has been launched. We are seeking a highly motivated Development Assistant who will support these initiatives and the growing development program.
Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Assistant will be responsible for maintaining the database and help manage the grant program. The Development Assistant will assist with events and marketing, and engage with Board members, volunteers, donors, supporters, and staff.
- Proficient in DonorPerfect or other comparable data base systems.
- Organizational, and time management skills, strong and effective multitasking skills. Accuracy and attention to detail is important as well as flexibility to meet the evolving needs of the Development Department.
- Excellent computer proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, and able to quickly learn various computer programs
- Maintain confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries with constituents. High level of ethics, integrity, and transparency.
- Effective fundraising, marketing, or general business administration writing skills.
- Work independently and as part of a collaborative team effort.
- Able to occasionally work flexible hours.
- Familiarity with Jesuit identity and Ignatian spirituality a plus.
- Understanding of and ability to communicate the mission and values of the Jesuit Retreat Center of Los Altos
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Non-Profit Administration, English, or related field.
DUTIES (include but not limited to)
- Maintain DonorPerfect Database: gift entry, profiles reports, records, etc.
- Maintain and strengthen database processes.
- Function as the point-of-contact to resolve database issues.
- Manage foundation pipeline.
- Assist with fundraising events and activities.
- Regularly reconcile with finance to ensure accurate data reporting on both the Development & Finance team.
- Help coordinate mailings including newsletters, annual reports, print and digital campaigns, and special event mailings.
- Attend staff meetings
- 10 days or 80 hours PTO annually
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Life / Accidental Death Insurance
The Jesuit Retreat Center of Los Altos makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, age, and disability unrelated to job performance. The Jesuit Retreat Center hires without regard to religion when Catholic faith is not a job requirement and welcomes people of all faiths.