Under the direct supervision of the, Special Projects Coordinator the position provides oversight and support to PHD Branches for contract and grant development and staffing management through Heluna Health. The position provides support and performs complex grant administration, fiscal management tasks relative to the planning, development, and implementation of research projects and programmatic initiatives for PHD. The position supervises the Fiscal Intermediary team and provides support to the following branches: CHEP, ARCHES, CPHR, DPC, OFGM, and CLI.
This is a temporary, grant-funded, full-time, benefitted position. Employment is provided by Heluna Health.
Pay rate: Starting at $44.57-$57.26 per hour commensurate with experience.
If hired for this position, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to your start date, or have a valid religious or medical reason qualifying you for an exemption (that may or may not require accommodation).
Coordination and Oversight of Fiscal Intermediary, Program Administration and Support Services
- Responsible for overseeing Heluna Health contracts and relationship with branches
- Develop and train on standard processes for working with Heluna Health.
- Provide technical assistance on working with Heluna Health and contracting process
- Serve as a liaison between fiscal intermediary and other collaborating agencies
- Develop and oversee scope of work and budget for fiscal intermediary contracts from SFDPH.
- Act as primary liaison between SFDPH Heluna Health contracts staff and Heluna Health headquarters for SFDPH/Heluna contract development
- Monitor Heluna services and work with Heluna staff to ensure SFDPH service needs and expectations are met
- Provide oversight and/or act as primary liaison for CHEP, CLI, DPC, CPHR-SURU and ARCHES Branches between finance and operations for budget planning and development
- Perform financial analysis including forecasting for organizational planning,
- Provide oversight and/or develop and monitor program budgets
- Provide oversight and/or manage and monitor Heluna staff allocations and projections for future funding.
- Provide oversight and/or prepare, monitor, analyze, and manage all grant and contract budgets for supported branches.
- Work closely with SFDPH fiscal department and contract department to monitor budgets and contracts and provide guidance/oversee all Heluna Health contracts
- Oversee the administration of accounts payable including coding of invoices, processing fund disbursement requests (travel, corporate credit cards, participant incentives, etc.) and monthly reconciliation of all payables
- Oversee purchasing and procurement of IT equipment and software, lab and office supplies, furniture, and training courses for staff
Pre and Post Grant Award Management
- Provide technical assistance, oversee and coordinate activities related to the application and management of new and continuing grants and/or contracts from a variety of federal, state and private sources
- Develop budgets for federal grant proposal submissions and subcontracts, ensuring all federal guidelines are followed
- Provide guidance, oversee and coordinates, the timely submission of all interim and annual progress reports, carry forward submissions, and no-cost extension requests
Monitor all expenditures to ensure compliance with federal funding terms
Contract Personnel Management Support
- Oversee the recruitment and hiring process of fiscal intermediary staff for research related projects ensuring equity and fair process
- Implement plan to ensure equity in hiring contractual staff, including but not limited to process and standards for updating salaries policies and procedures
- Ensure branches follow personnel processes put in place to meet SFDPH and Heluna requirements
- Provide support to Heluna staff as primary liaison with Heluna HR
- 3+ years of fiscal management experience
- 5+ year experience in grants management (pre and post award) preferably in a research setting
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to diverse racial/ethnic communities, particularly communities of color as well as gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender communities
- Master’s in finance, public administration, public health or equivalent experience
Other Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Interest in HIV/AIDS
- Prior experience in clinical trials and/or a research environment
Handling / Fingering Occasionally
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and the disabled to apply
All qualified applicants will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
It is the policy of Heluna Health to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Please include your resume and cover letter with the application.
Apply here: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/PUB1001PUBH/JobBoard/6705aa07-0bcb-4660-ad1b-2fda952becc7/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=f8b967c4-9869-4624-8caf-055d6d075ee1