Purpose: Serve as a Program Manager for the Gameheads tech and video game program. The Program Manager will work with over 150 budding game development students ages 15-25 and be responsible for case management and co-managing activities, events, classes and day to day operations. The Program Manager must be knowledgeable in education and youth development for low income, youth of color, with specific experience in supporting LGBTQIA+ youth development. The Program Manager will also have a specific focus in supporting queer and trans Gameheads students. It will also be helpful if they are knowledgeable in several game design, development, DevOps or mixed media principles including design, storytelling, game theory, coding, project management, design thinking, 3D modeling and/or animation or be willing to learn.
- Manage the Gameheads program.
- Provide case management including college, career and personal advising to students ages 15-25.
- Coach and manage young game development teams.
- Teach classes or workshops in game development and/or interactive entertainment related areas.
- Work with volunteers and mentors.
- Participate and prep youth for events and game company site visits.
- Set examples of best practices in professionalism, leadership, culture, creativity and diversity.
- Work collaboratively with a high-functioning group.
- Maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm.
- Handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Knowledge of/experience with youth in low-income communities and/or under-served communities of color.
- Experience in equitable youth development practices specifically with youth who identify as LGBTQIA+.
- Knowledge of video games preferably modern console platforms/titles and independent games.
- Knowledge of academic requirements for graduation, transfer and application (high school, junior college, university).
- At least 2 years experience in game design, project management, animation and/or at least 2 years of teaching, administration or instruction in a school or nonprofit.
- Knowledge of design and development software is preferred. Applicants should be comfortable learning new software.
- Bilingual is not required but preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of video game design and/or creative project management.
Experience & Education
- College graduate or be currently enrolled.
- Experience with the subjects you will be teaching is a plus.
- Experience working with kids or in a tech training program-like setting.
Non-Discrimination: The Gameheads and fiscally sponsored program Community Initiatives, an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and people with disabilities are warmly welcomed to apply.
All applicants must pass a background check before working with youth.
Gameheads is a tech training program that uses video game design, development and DevOps to create diverse talent and bold new voices, train youth for the tech ecosystem, and prepare them for college, career and civic life.