Navigator / Advocate
(Bilingual English-Spanish preferred)
SafePath Children’s Advocacy Center has an immediate opening for a full-time Navigator / Advocate (Bilingual English-Spanish preferred). The Navigator/Advocate is responsible for providing center orientation and emotional support for children and their families when they are at the center regarding concerns about allegations of child sexual abuse, physical abuse, neglect, domestic violence and exposure to other forms of violence or trauma. This position is responsible for initial intake and intervention with children and caregivers, guiding and assisting the victims and families through the process and providing information, support and follow-up for children’s families/caregivers. The Navigator/Advocate works as part of a multidisciplinary team including law enforcement, child protective services and the district attorney’s office. This is a 40 hour per week salaried position. Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Essential understanding of NCA and CACGA standards and implementation of best practices
- Ability to maintain professionalism in stressful situations and manage crisis-oriented situations in a calm, effective manner
- Ensure strict confidentiality of agency and client information
- Ability to work as a team member and collaborate with multidisciplinary partners
- Effective presentation and communication skills, both oral and written
- Sensitivity to the cultural and developmental needs of individual children and family members
- Ability to engage and care for children of all ages
- Maintain accurate documentation in the electronic data collection system and files at all times
- Participate in ongoing professional development and remain current on process and guidelines
- Manage, order, and organize SafePath supplies
- Assure cleanliness of center common spaces (kitchen, etc.)
- Assist in creating and maintaining a warm, welcoming environment for clients, agency partners, and coworkers
- Assure proper day-to-day closure of center common spaces
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in social work, psychology, human services, criminal justice or a related field.
- Fluent in speaking, writing and translating Spanish preferred.
- 2 years of experience working with children, preferably in an advocacy, mental health, human services, education, criminal justice or other closely related field. Or, a combination of education, training, skills and experience that would ensure the effective performance of the duties of the job.
- 2 years directly related work experience with children and advocacy is preferred.
- Must complete and pass a criminal background investigation.
SAFEPATH CHILDREN’S ADVOCACY CENTER
SafePath Children’s Advocacy Center offers competitive salary and benefits, an exciting team-based work environment and opportunities to expand your skill set. SafePath is a private, non-profit organization and a leader in the field. SafePath offers a benefits package which includes employer supported health, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, PTO and a 401K retirement plan, as well as professional development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Amy Wells, amywells.safepath@cobbcounty[dot]org
Those candidates meeting the minimum requirements and selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.