Position: Nurse Practitioner Part time
Hours Weekly: $45 hourly/ 8 hours per week
(Extremely flexible schedule - will work around candidate's availability)
Status: Part-Time (Non- Exempt)
Location: Manassas, VA/Woodbridge, VA
JOB OVERVIEW: Nurse practitioner providers direct patient care to patients in collaboration with Mother of Mercy physician volunteers.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Participate in department and organizational clinical care initiatives
- Provides primary obstetric care in both the out-patient clinic setting and via telemedicine.
- Manages perinatal complications independently and in collaboration with subspecialties as indicated based on patient acuity and need.
- Provides routine postpartum care, incision assessments, postpartum preeclampsia diagnosis/management, and screening/treatment of postpartum depression and related mood disorders.
- Consults with physicians and provides referrals to subspecialties as indicated.
- Perform and record history and physical examinations including breast and pelvic exams.
- Advises patients regarding prescriptions and treatment plans.
- Follows all federal, state, and nursing guidelines, regulations, and standards.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests, including imaging and laboratory testing.
- Documents all patient’s interaction in electronic medical records.
- Works with a team of volunteer doctors, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and medical assistants to provide quality patient care.
- Communicates with patients and their families.
- Treats staff, volunteers, and patients with love, dignity, and respect
- Follows agency’s policy and procedure regarding infection control measures through proper handwashing, bag technique, use of Personal Protective Equipment, principles of antiseptic technique, exposure control/reporting, care of equipment, safe needle technique
- Performs other related work as required
- Nurse Practitioner license in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Master’s in Nursing and/or Doctorate in Nursing required.
- Maintain current BLS/CPR certification
- Two or more years of clinical experience as a nursing practitioner at a physician practice or in a hospital with a related specialty is strongly preferred.
- Nurse Practitioner experience with obstetrics preferred.
- Ability to fully communicate in ENGLISH/SPANISH both orally and in writing, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to educated patients of their medical diagnosis
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to address patients’ questions, concerns, and issues as they arise
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
- Ability to use good reasoning and judgement and react calmly in emergency situations
- Knowledge of medical equipment, diagnostic and treatment procedures.
- Commitment to the mission, goals, and services of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington.
- Computer literate, including the ability to learn and use program specific software
- Skill in developing and maintaining clinical quality assurance
- Able to use stethoscope and able to hear patients while in person and one the phone
- Must be able to communicate verbally with patients in person and on the phone
- Have the hand eye coordination and manual dexterity needed to operate medical equipment, a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, medical equipment and give and injections
- Stand for extended periods of time, push, pull and reach; occasionally bend, sit, stoop and stretch.
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 25lbs
- Ability to work under pressure with a diverse population, including staff, volunteers, clients, patients, and other members of the public on a regular basis.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and volunteers.
- The position may cause frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and other conditions common to a clinical environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.